Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Oct 6, 2012

Hi,

CafeTran now automatically handles language-specific ligatures when switching a word from all lowercase to Initial uppercase and the word starts with a ligature.

So the Dutch word:

ijsselmeer

becomes

IJsselmeer

when given the Ctrl+= treatment.

Yet another example of how CafeTran focuses on the needs of translators primarily
... See more
Hi,

CafeTran now automatically handles language-specific ligatures when switching a word from all lowercase to Initial uppercase and the word starts with a ligature.

So the Dutch word:

ijsselmeer

becomes

IJsselmeer

when given the Ctrl+= treatment.

Yet another example of how CafeTran focuses on the needs of translators primarily .

So, which ligatures do you like to be handled this way?

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2012-10-06 20:41 GMT]
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:31
English to Turkish
+ ...
MAC shortcut? Oct 6, 2012

Hi Hans,

Is this Ctrl+= a MAC shortcut? Which shortcut is used in Windows? And again, is this a beta build or official release?

Selcuk

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 16:31
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Keyboard shortcut Oct 6, 2012

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Which shortcut is used in Windows?

If I remember correctly, there was no KBS for Windows, and I'd be surprised if there was one now. Why? Beats me.
And again, is this a beta build or official release?

Beta, I'm afraid. Since Igor doesn't make clear what build you can download from the CafeTran site, it's almost impossible to know. I run a version of the CafeTran.jar that was apparently created last Sunday, September 30, and ctrl+= doesn't work for ligatures (Mac).
I think there's room for improvement here…

Cheers,

Hans (v1.0)

[Edited at 2012-10-07 00:54 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:31
English to Turkish
+ ...
available as trial version Oct 7, 2012

My version is older than, received last month (September 11th). The latest build (beta or not, I am not sure) with Transit filter is already available as a trial version at http://www.cafetran.com/download.html

But I always receive upgrade files directly from Igor and this build was not
... See more
My version is older than, received last month (September 11th). The latest build (beta or not, I am not sure) with Transit filter is already available as a trial version at http://www.cafetran.com/download.html

But I always receive upgrade files directly from Igor and this build was not announced at http://groups.google.com/group/cafetranslators

Selcuk
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:31
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Keyboard shortuts Oct 7, 2012

Hi Selcuk,

It is the same shortut for Windows. If it doesn't work for your keyboard, you can customize it and any other shortcut in CafeTran keymap editor. Please check Edit | Options | Keymap tab.

Igor

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Hans,

Is this Ctrl+= a MAC shortcut? Which shortcut is used in Windows? And again, is this a beta build or official release?

Selcuk

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request: please send your language-specific ligatures

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »