Use CafeTran with very large TMs: why not use the best of 2 worlds?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jul 8, 2012

If you are into the habit of using extremely large TMs why not use a server based solution that you set up once and connect to CafeTran? There are several possibilities:

http://wordfast.net/wiki/VLTM_in_Wordfast_Pro
TAUS: Data Upload, to make your translation memories searchable in TAUS Search.
etc.

Hans

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 09:40
Italian to German
+ ...
Yes, a serious possibility Jul 8, 2012

Hello Hans,

yes, in fact, after considering speed problems this would be the best idea. Large public online bases like the implemented MyMemory do just that and I can say that this solution helps me in some specific cases where exact file and topic references are given. Also this solution seems confidential because it doens't store my queries, but I'll have to check this carefully before making extended use of it.

Google Translate, or other online solutions of this type
... See more
Hello Hans,

yes, in fact, after considering speed problems this would be the best idea. Large public online bases like the implemented MyMemory do just that and I can say that this solution helps me in some specific cases where exact file and topic references are given. Also this solution seems confidential because it doens't store my queries, but I'll have to check this carefully before making extended use of it.

Google Translate, or other online solutions of this type (wether it helps or not) is a no go for me: Confidentiallity is crucial in my job.

Mike
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use CafeTran with very large TMs: why not use the best of 2 worlds?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »