Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:00
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Java Platform Jun 15, 2012

After clicking Open with..., you should see and select Java (TM) Platform SE Binary from the list of Recommended programs. If it is not listed there, reinstalling Java Runtime Environment should solve the issue.

Igor

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Thanks, I can see these files in the runtime folder: http://www.screencast.com/t/82LpkeNl Is one of these the right one?

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Still can't install Jun 15, 2012

I thought so. That is the programme I'm using. When I try to open the jar with it a black screen flashes very briefly and further nothing happens. I've tried reininstalling java and tried different browsers (firefox, chrome, latest releases). System is Win 7 64 bit.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Verify Java installation Jun 15, 2012

You may have downloaded and installed the wrong java. It should be Java Runtime Environment (JRE). See here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1637588.html.

To verify if java is installed properly:

1. On Windows, go to Start | Accessories | Command line
2. In the black window that opens, type java -version
3. You should see the output about Java version there.

Igor

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

I thought so. That is the programme I'm using. When I try to open the jar with it a black screen flashes very briefly and further nothing happens. I've tried reininstalling java and tried different browsers (firefox, chrome, latest releases). System is Win 7 64 bit.

[Edited at 2012-06-15 22:02 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
How to install CafeTran on Windows XP? Jun 15, 2012

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Here is a screencast on how to install CafeTran on Windows:

http://cafetran.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/installing-cafetran-on-a-windows-machine/

[Bearbeitet am 2012-06-15 20:27 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:00
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
64 bit Jun 16, 2012

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Do you have the 64 bit version of Java?

Selcuk

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
I see some very interesting features... Jun 16, 2012

Hi,

extracting terms, sub-segment matches showing, extraction of frequent words with context,
managing your translation with billing,...

These are feature you will search in vain in some established CATs.

I will definitely take a deeper look at CafeTran Expresso.
Unknown program? Maybe. There is still a lot to do in this sector. If these features are really working in a fast, convenient way, then it won't stay unknown for very long!

... See more
Hi,

extracting terms, sub-segment matches showing, extraction of frequent words with context,
managing your translation with billing,...

These are feature you will search in vain in some established CATs.

I will definitely take a deeper look at CafeTran Expresso.
Unknown program? Maybe. There is still a lot to do in this sector. If these features are really working in a fast, convenient way, then it won't stay unknown for very long!

Prosit,
Mike
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
[SOLVED] Same problem as Olly ... Jun 16, 2012

my Jar files are bounded to the Winrar archive. Linking them to the SE environement will make appear a black small window for a second, but no install.

My Java panel shows that I have the version 1.7 (files are in C:\Programme\Java).
System: Win XP Pro SP3.

Mike

[SOLVED]

You have to link it to javaw.exe, not to Java.exe

Mike

[Edited at 2012-06-16 20:16 GMT]

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Still no luck Jun 17, 2012

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling java (latest release). Tried installing both 32 and 64 bit versions. Tried pointing to all the 'javaw.exe' files on my computer (there are 3: http://www.screencast.com/t/wBjizTwIAlu ). All to no avail (no reaction at all). What am I missing?

Regards,

Olly

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
@Olly, Jun 17, 2012

Olly,

open the Java Panel (Java symbol in the System menu) and see if/what Java versions are checked in a checkbox beneath them. It's possible to have Java installed, but not activated. Also you can run the "Search" routine for searching Java versions on your system; when finding them, they will be added in the list.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
@Mike Jun 17, 2012

Thanks, checked that. Have the right version installed and enabled. This is odd.

Olly

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jarfix Sep 26, 2012

Searching for a quick solution to restore .jar files to Java I found this program:

http://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html

Igor

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Fixed Sep 27, 2012

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Searching for a quick solution to restore .jar files to Java I found this program:

Igor

Great Igor!

That little file fixed it for me. Now have cafetran up and working for the first time. But my trial period has elapsed I'll send a wee note to support.

Thanks,

olly

Edit: can't find an email for support. Can anyone here help me renew my trial period? Thanks.

[Edited at 2012-09-27 08:25 GMT]

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 07:00
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Easy Sep 27, 2012

Olly Pekelharing wrote:
Edit: can't find an email for support.

That's an easy one: [email protected]

Cheers,

Hans

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Install again Sep 27, 2012

Hi Olly,

First, uninstall the current trial version. Next, download and install the new CafeTran update from here: http://www.cafetran.com/download.html

Igor

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Igor

Great Igor!

That little file fixed it for me. Now have cafetran up and working for the first time. But my trial period has elapsed I'll send a wee note to support.

Thanks,

olly

Edit: can't find an email for support. Can anyone here help me renew my trial period? Thanks.

[Edited at 2012-09-27 08:25 GMT]

Mark Possemiers
Mark Possemiers  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Cafetran Sep 17, 2013

bought the program yesterday, typical Mac user.

Seems good enough for me BUT my problem is there is no manual, except on a webpage (not printable) and I have no time to spend days to find out all about it.

Are there any courses? Or is any user (preferably in Spain, Belgium or the UK) willing to share 3 or 4 hours (paid) teaching me how it works? I see the basics, but would like to really get on top o
... See more
bought the program yesterday, typical Mac user.

Seems good enough for me BUT my problem is there is no manual, except on a webpage (not printable) and I have no time to spend days to find out all about it.

Are there any courses? Or is any user (preferably in Spain, Belgium or the UK) willing to share 3 or 4 hours (paid) teaching me how it works? I see the basics, but would like to really get on top of it ...

email me at mepossem mac.com for further information. Being close to any airport having flights to and from Alicante would be a bonus
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso 2012

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »