Thread poster: Golden View
Golden View
Golden View  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 11, 2001

Each localization agency should have Project Managers, they contact with clients, vendors, translators, sometimes themselves work as translators too.

Large companies may use MS Project 97 or other PM tools to manage the project flow.

I\'m curious to know what useful PM software are available, e.g. to manage freelancers, clients, invoicing and outstanding payments efficiently, how about the price level.

Thanks.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 20, 2001

For an innovative \'File-Flow\' tool especially tailored for workflows typical for translation and DTP, go to www.locsoft.de

You can download a free trial version there and start managing your translation projects with thousands of files with complex directory structures in one integrated environment.

Quite helpful, I say

... See more
For an innovative \'File-Flow\' tool especially tailored for workflows typical for translation and DTP, go to www.locsoft.de

You can download a free trial version there and start managing your translation projects with thousands of files with complex directory structures in one integrated environment.

Quite helpful, I say

Other than that, have a very nice day,

Evert Deloof-Sys

Collapse

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:33
English to Russian
LSP.expert - my current favorite project management tool Jul 2, 2021

I have tried lots of translation project management tools, such as Translation Office 3000, Projetex, Protemos, TranslationProjex, BaccS (now Trados Business Manager), QuaHill, Plunet, XTRF. Some lack important functionality, others are too expensive.

For the time being, I have subscribed to LSP.expert.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Management tools

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »