https://fra.proz.com/forum/business_issues/346934-a_charming_job_offer_for_all_linguists.html

A charming job offer for all linguists
Auteur du fil: IrinaN

IrinaN
États-Unis
Local time: 21:43
anglais vers russe
+ ...
Oct 5, 2020

***Please reply with your resume and your best COMPETITIVE (case retained - in) rate. A test may be required... ***

We came to the point where any ill-bred outsourcer can not just state but shout in our faces: "you'll work for peanuts or don't even show your face".

Not like I was interested in the first place, geographical reasons implied.

Wake up, Proz. They may offer any rates they want on a free market but they should be forced, if no manners have been p
... See more
***Please reply with your resume and your best COMPETITIVE (case retained - in) rate. A test may be required... ***

We came to the point where any ill-bred outsourcer can not just state but shout in our faces: "you'll work for peanuts or don't even show your face".

Not like I was interested in the first place, geographical reasons implied.

Wake up, Proz. They may offer any rates they want on a free market but they should be forced, if no manners have been planted into them by their parents or educational institutions, to remain respectful to this community. Proz should be guarding its most valuable sources of income (myself excluded) from such insults.

I'm sure this post will not go through but at least you'll read it. I shall not edit a single word.
Collapse

writeaway
Marina Taffetani
Christophe Delaunay
Tom in London
Emanuele Vacca
Ildiko Somogyi
Morano El-Kholy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A charming job offer for all linguists

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »