Thread poster: Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:31
Latvian to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2020

I haven't kept up with all the changes and enhancements to proz.com as I'm no longer a frequent visitor to the site.
Despite having set up my preferences not to receive job-related e-mails I'm now being bombarded with numerous e-mails for bottom end MT post-editing jobs via some sort of new feature called OneDocument Translation Workspace.

Firstly, I didn't opt in for this, so it's going against all GDPR rules. And secondly, it's simply annoying. I've tried to search on the
... See more
I haven't kept up with all the changes and enhancements to proz.com as I'm no longer a frequent visitor to the site.
Despite having set up my preferences not to receive job-related e-mails I'm now being bombarded with numerous e-mails for bottom end MT post-editing jobs via some sort of new feature called OneDocument Translation Workspace.

Firstly, I didn't opt in for this, so it's going against all GDPR rules. And secondly, it's simply annoying. I've tried to search on the site where I can opt out of this, but there's nothing.

Can anyone advise?
Collapse

Robert Forstag

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Annoying and useless... Mar 5, 2020

...except for the "lucky winner" who responds within a minute or two to these offers. Every time I've clicked on the link provided in the e-mail, I received a response that the job was no longer available.

[Edited at 2020-03-05 13:02 GMT]

Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Annoying Mar 5, 2020

I too would like to know how to opt out of these annoying emails please.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
Brexit Mar 5, 2020

One may wonder whether GDPR is applicable to post-Brexit UK...

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Jana Mar 5, 2020

This thread might be useful: https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/314639-onedocument_translation_workspace_powered_by_proz.html

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Availability Mar 5, 2020

Although I have never accepted one of these jobs, I actually wouldn't mind taking a look at one if I could get to it on time. However, they seem to pop up when I clearly post my status as "unavailable." Wouldn't it be nice if their algorithm or whatever showed results only for translators who have the green "available" light on their profile?

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 5, 2020

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. Looks like this useless feature has been around for a while. I just hadn't come across it, until the e-mail bombardment started last night.
p.s. EU GDPR rules are still in force until the end of the year.

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:31
Greek to English
Report Mar 6, 2020

I had a couple of these a while ago, relating to "jobs" with hopeless proposed fees and deadlines, and I complained to ProZ staff about them. I haven't had any more mails, though I suppose it could just be that my language pair isn't popular enough for them.

I suggest that anybody else who doesn't like receiving these mails should complain to ProZ staff.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Block them Mar 6, 2020

I suspect we have actually opted in through ProZ T&Cs...

I asked them to leave me alone several times but I don’t know if they now have because I also blocked their emails...

Josephe Angelo
Josephe Angelo
United States
Block Mar 7, 2020

I don't think this is big issue. You can simply report to block them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OneDocument Translation Workspace - too many e-mails

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »