Thread poster: Luis Monteiro
Luis Monteiro
Luis Monteiro
Local time: 15:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 26, 2017

Hi everybody,
I upgraded to full membership on a translation website.
A couple of days later I came to the conclusion that I was throwing my money away and requested a full refund, which they admitted they would do if "the upgrade was done recently".
They responded that there was no such email address on their full members database, and I sent them their "welcome to full membership email" I had received to the same email address.
Since than, after more than 10 attempts t
... See more
Hi everybody,
I upgraded to full membership on a translation website.
A couple of days later I came to the conclusion that I was throwing my money away and requested a full refund, which they admitted they would do if "the upgrade was done recently".
They responded that there was no such email address on their full members database, and I sent them their "welcome to full membership email" I had received to the same email address.
Since than, after more than 10 attempts to get my money back, I had no response whatsoever from these jerks.
What can I do, ask for a chargeback and fraudulent debit on my credit card with my bank?
Thanks for your tips and your suggestions much appreciated.
Luis

[Edited at 2017-12-26 18:06 GMT]
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:27
English to French
+ ...
Shocking! Dec 26, 2017

Have you tried to have the payment cancelled by the credit card company??

That would definitely solve your problem, presumably more easily than trying to get a refund.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation website/company don't acknowledge my emails for refunding

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »