how can I apply for the translation companies from the blueboard?
Thread poster: YoungEun Jo
YoungEun Jo
YoungEun Jo
South Korea
Local time: 17:55
English to Korean
Sep 14, 2017

I know I can select the country I want to apply,
but when I clicked their 'proz.com profiel' and tried to send them a mail(because it's only one way to apply),
I found this message from the right side.

**********************************************************************************
Rules for sending profile messages

Do not use this form to advertise your services.

Messages sent via ProZ.com profiles may not include:
•Advertising
... See more
I know I can select the country I want to apply,
but when I clicked their 'proz.com profiel' and tried to send them a mail(because it's only one way to apply),
I found this message from the right side.

**********************************************************************************
Rules for sending profile messages

Do not use this form to advertise your services.

Messages sent via ProZ.com profiles may not include:
•Advertising of any product or service, including one's own translation services

•Offensive or personal remarks

•Scams or fraudulent business proposals

Failure to observe these regulations may result in the removal of your right to use profile messaging, or your removal from the site altogether (without regard to your membership status).

Note: Messages may be subject to review or vetting by site staff.

so this messages warns me that I should not advertise my translation service.

That means I cannot apply through the emails?

Would you guys help me?

[Edited at 2017-09-14 16:26 GMT]
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:55
English to Italian
Unsolicited applications Sep 14, 2017

You should check their websites to see whether they have a specific section for applications. Also, here you can find some agencies who do accept applications through ProZ: http://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=applications

Finally, here is a list of agencies with more filt
... See more
You should check their websites to see whether they have a specific section for applications. Also, here you can find some agencies who do accept applications through ProZ: http://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=applications

Finally, here is a list of agencies with more filtering options: http://www.proz.com/translation-agencies?p=1

You can also filter by language or field, although a lot of agencies just list basically any service/language/field/etc., so that greatly reduces, if not effectively nullifies, its usefulness in finding those who actually specialize in something.
Collapse

Ana Kroll
Ana Kroll  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
It's so annoying Sep 14, 2017

Guys, always when receiving such applications I try to explain to people and discourage them to send applications this way. And I don't understand why people do send And they state they have 10 years of experience, etc. !!!

I really believe that CVs, applications should be sent if there is a clear call for that. So far I remember there is information in the company's profile in BB whether it accepts applications or no
... See more
Guys, always when receiving such applications I try to explain to people and discourage them to send applications this way. And I don't understand why people do send And they state they have 10 years of experience, etc. !!!

I really believe that CVs, applications should be sent if there is a clear call for that. So far I remember there is information in the company's profile in BB whether it accepts applications or not.

I personally believe that receiving massively CVs without requesting them is very annoying. Like every day 10 adverts of a product you are not interested in arriving to your inbox.

No offense please Good luck!
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 05:55
SITE STAFF
Use the site and your membership to ensure that potential clients come to you Sep 14, 2017

Hello YoungEun,

As Mirko says, you should make sure an outsourcer has requested that sort of contact before applying to work with them. And as Ann says, many companies will not appreciate applications which have not been solicited.

The way it works best is to let potential clients come to you, and ProZ.com is set up in such a way as to facilitate this. As a member, you have greater visibility to clients. If your profile is complete and is clearly geared to show your exp
... See more
Hello YoungEun,

As Mirko says, you should make sure an outsourcer has requested that sort of contact before applying to work with them. And as Ann says, many companies will not appreciate applications which have not been solicited.

The way it works best is to let potential clients come to you, and ProZ.com is set up in such a way as to facilitate this. As a member, you have greater visibility to clients. If your profile is complete and is clearly geared to show your expertise, or why you are the right person for a, say, English to Korean Tourism project, then you are on the right track.

There is a short video that explains how most worked gets passed on the site, and the keys to getting the most out of that: https://www.proz.com/videos/224-getting-the-most-out-of-your-prozcom-profile-a-love-story

I would also recommend you visit the site guidance center, which has a lot of resources designed to helping you build and refine your online presence, make sure potential clients are seeing you, and make sure they find the information they are looking for when they do see you: https://www.proz.com/guidance-center

I hope this helps!

Jared
Collapse

Lois Yang
Lois Yang  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 17:55
English to Korean
+ ...
Your profile is very important. Sep 15, 2017

Hello YoungEun,

Nice to e-meet you!

First of all, you should fully fill out your proz profile and upload your CV. Clients will find translators who they want to work with by using directories.

Search 'Freelance Translator CV' on Google before creating your CV.

Please refer to this article. It woul
... See more
Hello YoungEun,

Nice to e-meet you!

First of all, you should fully fill out your proz profile and upload your CV. Clients will find translators who they want to work with by using directories.

Search 'Freelance Translator CV' on Google before creating your CV.

Please refer to this article. It would be helpful: https://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/98/

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how can I apply for the translation companies from the blueboard?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »