Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:26
German to English
+ ...
A big red flag Jun 22, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

but a clinical trial contract usually entered into between a principal investigator (Contractor) and the hospital or another clinical institution providing the trial infrastructure and/or the contract research organization. The terms "invention", "heirs and successors", etc., are used in this type of contracts that inter alia lay down non-disclosure provisions. The agency in question obviously has no legal department or a competent lawyer, who would be able to choose proper wording. I would not sign this NDA as the agency seems to be a joke.

[Edited at 2017-06-22 10:40 GMT]

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I too believe "NDA" is a misnomer here.

As for the agency, I obviously have never worked with them before, but, as I was saying, they have a nearly perfect rating on the BB (and pretty good reviews on Glassdoor). Given the relatively big size of the company, it seems quite weird that agreement should be the result of a lack of resources to draft a more fitting one, as opposed to a reasoned choice... (but I don't know which would be worse)

Hi Mirko,
Of course, it's up to you but something smells fishy here:) I believe that it's better be safe than sorry and the best policy is to avoid such potentially shady situations.
Good luck and watch out

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would you sign this?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »