How do I make a global search/replace?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 14:08
German to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2018

According to the help, it is possible to do a global search/replace.
Problem situation: My project has 20 documents, most of which have several identical segments that need to be changed.
How can I do this?
The list of documents provides no Search/Replace, neither from the context menu nor from the Tools; Ctrl+Shift+H also does not open any input screen.

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Depends on role Aug 2, 2018

A project manager can do a global "Search & Replace" over all documents in the project. A "simple" translator cannot do that.

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Global replace Aug 2, 2018

Thanks for the info. This is what I "feared".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I make a global search/replace?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »