FRENCH > ENGLISH SPECIALISATIONS
• Nautical : official translator/interpreter for the organisers of major French round-the-world and ocean yacht races, shipyards, architects, surveyors, intellectual property agreements for architects, meteorological (negotiating the planet's weather systems for racing performance), translation of encyclopedia on sailing, manuals, articles for specialist media ; mulithulls, monohulls, racing and record attempts
• Maritime : P & I claims, cargo (pre-loading, loading and discharging, passage), damage to and by ship, personal injury, bills of lading, visitors (surveyors & lawyers)
• Insurance : claims, litigation, policies, survey reports, in-house insurance company technical documents & reports
• Legal : civil litigation, insurance, personal injury, professional indemnity, courts, police, social services
• Autism : ASD, diagnostic criteria and assessment, nosography, genotype & phenotype, structural & functional imagery in autism, epilepsy, sensory issues, psychology & biology of autism, intervention, education
• ADHD, PDD, OCD
• Biology : cellular and molecular biology, structural biology (proteins, viruses, abzymes), molecular physiology, study techniques
• Neuroscience & Cognition : neural correlates of the senses, sensory modalities (CNS/PNS), memory (models, diseases of the memory - bio/psycho), addiction, depression (models, theories, treatment, therapies), anxiety, fear, biological psychology, neurophysiology, neurobiology, neuropsychology, neuropharmacology
EDUCATION (ENGLAND & FRANCE)
• BA (hons) Law and French, Oxford, (1980-1984)
• Year of language study, Université Aix-Marseille, Aix en Provence, (1981-1982)
• Law Society Qualifying Modules, Oxford, (1984-1985)
• Law Society Solicitors’ Finals Course, Chester, (1986-1987)
• BSc (hons) Life Sciences, Open University, (2009 - ) : autism, biological psychology...
• Post-grad in autism, University François Rabelais, Faculty of Medicine / CHRU Bretonneau Hospital, Child Psychiatry Unit, Tours, (2010) (Dissertation on Autism Act 2009)
• Research Masters Degree in Biology, Health and Cognitive Neuroscience, University François Rabelais, Faculty of Science and Techniques, Tours (2010-2012).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (UK)
• Legal Assistant, Internal Discipline & Ethics, Accountancy Professional Body in Lincoln's Inn Fields, London (1985-1986)
• Claims Correspondent, Shipping Mutual / Protection & Indemnity Club, St Katherine's Dock, London (1987-88)
• Litigation Assistant / Trainee Solicitor, Firm of solicitors in Bristol, England, specialising in professional indemnity litigation, particularly chartered accountants, chartered surveyors and architects ; some construction litigation work (1988-1991)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (FRANCE)
• Teaching (state & private schools, children, adults, business) (1991-1994)
• Lecturing in legal English and English Law at L'Université de Bretagne Sud, in Vannes (1994- 1997)
• Translating professionally (1994-)
• Teacher support/SEN : autism, ASD, ADHD, visual impairment (2009-2010, 2012)
• Research placement, Neuroscience : olfaction and gaze-tracking .
Dissertation and oral defense.
INSERM Unit 930, Imagerie et Cerveau, Equipe 1 : Autisme et troubles du développement : psychopathologie, physiopathologie et thérapeutique.
Université François Rabelais, Tours : Faculté de Sciences et Techniques, Faculté de Médecine and CHU Bretonneau
• TEFL : law, metallurgy, composites, animal pharmaceuticals