Thread poster: Graeme Walle (X)
Graeme Walle (X)
Graeme Walle (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:46
Finnish to English
+ ...
Jun 9, 2017

I installed the demo version of Wordfast Pro 5 this morning but I was unable to save the target despite carefully following the instructions; every time I get the file with the correct suffix (FI_en -GB) but the text of file is in the Finnish (source) ☹
I registered for a full trial version as I surmised that this feature was disabled in the demo version. However, I get the same problem. “Save as translated file” gives me a file in the source text (Finnish) rather than the target te
... See more
I installed the demo version of Wordfast Pro 5 this morning but I was unable to save the target despite carefully following the instructions; every time I get the file with the correct suffix (FI_en -GB) but the text of file is in the Finnish (source) ☹
I registered for a full trial version as I surmised that this feature was disabled in the demo version. However, I get the same problem. “Save as translated file” gives me a file in the source text (Finnish) rather than the target text (British English).

I am an experienced user of Wordfast Pro3, which has worked very well in the past, but is unstable with my new system (Win 10 Pro).

I really need this to work. I already had to get one deadline extended.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Graeme
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 04:46
Contact me Jun 9, 2017

Hi Graeme,

Sorry you are facing this issue.
Can you email me at [email protected] so I can check what's going on with your WFP 5 and saving target files.

Thank you,

John

Graeme Waller wrote:

I registered for a full trial version as I surmised that this feature was disabled in the demo version. However, I get the same problem. “Save as translated file” gives me a file in the source text (Finnish) rather than the target text (British English).

I am an experienced user of Wordfast Pro3, which has worked very well in the past, but is unstable with my new system (Win 10 Pro).

I really need this to work. I already had to get one deadline extended.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Graeme

[Edited at 2017-06-09 16:34 GMT]

Graeme Walle (X)
Graeme Walle (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:46
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem is solved Jun 12, 2017

There was a problem between the computer and the back of my chair.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Full Trial Version Not Saving Target; Saves Source Instead

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »