Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:17
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 5, 2017

Hello
is there a way to disable this funztion in Preferences, or is it disabled by default and it has to be enbaled in some way?

I don't find anything about this function.

Thanks
Lucia

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 03:17
Preferences > Machine Translations Jun 5, 2017

Hi Lucia,

Disable in Preferences > Machine Translation under each MT engine. Go to Google Translate and de-select Enable Google Translator, similarly for Microsoft and WorldLingo.

Default is disabled and you have to add API key to enable Google and MS MT engines. WorldLingo does not need API Key but it is limited with few language pairs.

Thank you,

John

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hello
is there a way to disable this funztion in Preferences, or is it disabled by default and it has to be enbaled in some way?

Thanks
Lucia

Hedwig Spitzer (X)
Hedwig Spitzer (X)  Identity Verified
Peru
French to Spanish
+ ...
Yes Jun 5, 2017

Hi Lucia,

On WF Pro 3 there is no option to disable it, only not to use it, which is the same:
Edit > Preferences > Machine Translation > clik on the option: Perform MT manually (Default)
You can then enable the option you prefer if you will use MT.

Cheers!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:17
English to Thai
+ ...
Side effects? Jun 8, 2017

Lucia Messuti wrote:

Hello

Thanks
Lucia

It is not related to this topic but three years ago, a big New York translation agency claimed that I used MT or Google Translate with their JP-EN urgent job, which was prohibited upfront. I declined and challenged them to proof of it. I used Trados Studio 2011 at that time. They kept silence since they know that I am a Ph.D. graduate related to software engineering from a Japanese university. I wonder how people can understand one's use or not use of MT in any CAT tools?
In fact, most JP-EN pair MTs is still not efficient as we know until now.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disabling MT in Wordfast 3

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »