Thread poster: Roni_S
Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 15:52
Slovak to English
Apr 18, 2017

Hi,

Can you see your glossary comments as you work? What I mean is, I have added some of my terms more than once, with different translations, and entered explanations in the comments field concerning context. I swear that before I was able to see my comments in the drop-down list when I encountered a highlighted term in the source segment but now I don't see the comments. I haven't really had much luck finding relevant information in the user manual, or on the settings tabs, and I'
... See more
Hi,

Can you see your glossary comments as you work? What I mean is, I have added some of my terms more than once, with different translations, and entered explanations in the comments field concerning context. I swear that before I was able to see my comments in the drop-down list when I encountered a highlighted term in the source segment but now I don't see the comments. I haven't really had much luck finding relevant information in the user manual, or on the settings tabs, and I'm beginning to wonder if I only imagined the whole 'seeing the comments' thing. It would certainly make a lot of sense to be able to see them, at least to me. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:52
English to French
+ ...
No Apr 18, 2017

I also seem to remember that, a long time ago, glossary comments were visible. However, they are not now, and have not been visible in quite some time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC 6.45 glossary comments question

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »