Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:20
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 28, 2017

Hello
I don't understand what's happening to the file names.
If I add a file to be translated and then I remove it (there is a pop up asking me to remove the file from the list or to remove it from the archive. I tried both options.
And when I re-upload the same file (same name as well) it opens it adding a number at the end of the file name. I tried to do the same action several times, and when I uploaded the file it added a sequence number, i.e. at the second time I uploaded
... See more
Hello
I don't understand what's happening to the file names.
If I add a file to be translated and then I remove it (there is a pop up asking me to remove the file from the list or to remove it from the archive. I tried both options.
And when I re-upload the same file (same name as well) it opens it adding a number at the end of the file name. I tried to do the same action several times, and when I uploaded the file it added a sequence number, i.e. at the second time I uploaded the file it became xxxx1, and so on.

And only for one specific project when I want to remove a file, now it also asks me to remove both txlf file and source file,

Maybe I made a change in the settings, but I don't know where and what.

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
You are obviously Feb 28, 2017

trying to open/re-open/save one and the same file in the same location, so the system adds numbers in order to avoid overwriting.

What about mentioning some "archive": aren't you trying to work with a file by opening it directly from some archive?

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Avoiding overwriting.... Feb 28, 2017

is good.
As to the Archive, iI refer to the Archive in Wordfast 4 folders. Don't you have an Archive in the project folder?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
You may have archives Feb 28, 2017

wherever you wish/need. However, you cannot work with files directly from archives.

And no, I don't have any archives in any work folders as this is not a proper place for them.

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Archive location Feb 28, 2017

In the most recent versions, when you delete a txlf file from a project, it asks you to remove it from the list or from the list and the archive. Do you mean that archive?

And where is it?

Anyway, when I re-uploaded the file, I took it from the its folder, not in the archive or the project folder.

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Understood! Mar 3, 2017

Thanks for clarifying.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 4 - Changes file name adding a number

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »