Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 17, 2015

Sorry to ask for so much help about Transit, but I have to deliver this job on Monday and I've struggling with Transit for 3 weeks now and I can't discover the tools as fast as I can with other tools... I'm finding it very difficult to put it to work.

Well, I just finished the translation of a file with many repetitions from memory. I noticed that the segments automatically translated have the sign + and the ones I edited have the sign *. I would like to filter the segments to see o
... See more
Sorry to ask for so much help about Transit, but I have to deliver this job on Monday and I've struggling with Transit for 3 weeks now and I can't discover the tools as fast as I can with other tools... I'm finding it very difficult to put it to work.

Well, I just finished the translation of a file with many repetitions from memory. I noticed that the segments automatically translated have the sign + and the ones I edited have the sign *. I would like to filter the segments to see only the ones with the * sign in edition window. But I've tried all possible combinations from the Create Filter option and nothing happens, no filter is applied.

What am I possible doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Heloísa
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:22
Transit and TermStar Yahoo Group Oct 18, 2015

I think that you'll have a better chance getting an answer by subscribing to the Transit and TermStar Yahoo Group.

I'd be surprised if Transit wouldn't have a filter option for edited reps.

A work-around that comes to mind:
- Deactivate markup protection, so that the segment ends become normal black text.
- Filter on star plus segment end, possibly you'll be needing a regular expression to achieve this.

Sorry, I currently cannot test this.
... See more
I think that you'll have a better chance getting an answer by subscribing to the Transit and TermStar Yahoo Group.

I'd be surprised if Transit wouldn't have a filter option for edited reps.

A work-around that comes to mind:
- Deactivate markup protection, so that the segment ends become normal black text.
- Filter on star plus segment end, possibly you'll be needing a regular expression to achieve this.

Sorry, I currently cannot test this.

Make sure to activate the markup protection as soon as possible.

Hans
Collapse

Gerald Dennett
Gerald Dennett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:22
German to English
+ ...
Filter by Segment Info Oct 19, 2015

Hi
In the View Menu, create a new View Filter.
On the Segment Info tab, select the Edited By box, then select Edited By user, this will show you all the segments you have edited.
Of course there are many more functions available for more sophisticated filtering, and remember that you can add conditions to an existing filter to make your filter more precise (time or user, for instance).
HTH
Gerald

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:22
Edited by user Oct 19, 2015

The filter you want is "Edited by". On the View ribbon, click "Create". In the "Segment info" tab, select the following options:

(On the far left): Segment status:
Current status: Translated

(In the middle): Edited by:
User and Fuzzy match (user)

I would recommend using "Save as" to save this filter for future use. It will then be available under the "Apply" drop-down list on the View ribbon whenever you want to use it. When you hit "Apply filte
... See more
The filter you want is "Edited by". On the View ribbon, click "Create". In the "Segment info" tab, select the following options:

(On the far left): Segment status:
Current status: Translated

(In the middle): Edited by:
User and Fuzzy match (user)

I would recommend using "Save as" to save this filter for future use. It will then be available under the "Apply" drop-down list on the View ribbon whenever you want to use it. When you hit "Apply filter", you'll just see the parts you edited.

Regarding 2nl's note, I DO NOT recommend deactivating markup protection. There is absolutely no need to do this in order to set a filter, and it's a dangerous thing to do if you are not an experienced Transit user. Simply use the filter options that are available to you.
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:22
Agree Oct 19, 2015

Karen_E wrote:

Regarding 2nl's note, I DO NOT recommend deactivating markup protection. There is absolutely no need to do this in order to set a filter, and it's a dangerous thing to do if you are not an experienced Transit user. Simply use the filter options that are available to you.

I agree. I knew there was an easier and safer way.

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
faster Aug 5, 2016

There is also a quick filter where you can choose "Translated" with "Current status" etc.
Double click on the red line on the symbol with 5 lines crossed with on diagonal line, in the column with segment status (to the left from the filename).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering segments in Transit

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »