Eng. Closed Caption Freelance Rates
Thread poster: seelybeely
seelybeely
seelybeely
United States
Local time: 13:35
Jun 19, 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm a closed captioner with a years experience, and I just purchased my own Swift-Create License for L21 - 608/708 Closed Captions in order to do freelance work remotely for the two captioning companies I used to work at across the country (US). I notice a lot of posts asking about a typical freelance subtitle rates, but couldn't find one specific to captioning so I thought I'd pose the question to you all about the following:

Generally speaking, the typ
... See more
Hello everyone,

I'm a closed captioner with a years experience, and I just purchased my own Swift-Create License for L21 - 608/708 Closed Captions in order to do freelance work remotely for the two captioning companies I used to work at across the country (US). I notice a lot of posts asking about a typical freelance subtitle rates, but couldn't find one specific to captioning so I thought I'd pose the question to you all about the following:

Generally speaking, the types of videos I'd be doing caption work would be: films, scripted TV, reality TV, and documentaries. With that in mind, how much would you personally charge a company (both per video-minute AND hourly) to:
a) Originate English closed captions for those four genres. And how much for each of those?
b) Reformatting old, English closed caption files.
c) QC-ing English closed caption files.

If this has been answered already, feel free to link me to a different thread on this message board. But if I could get a direct response to these specific questions I'd be super grateful.

Have a great day!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Eng. Closed Caption Freelance Rates

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »