Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
When will the new version of TO3000 ("Translation Office 3D"?) be released?
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:35
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: I'm switching from TO3000 to BaccS! May 7, 2017

If you're considering trying the new TO3000 3D beta, I would highly recommend also trying the amazing new Windows-based program called ‘BaccS’. It's way cheaper, and much better, and its (sole) developer has only been working on it for a few months. He implements features and fixes bugs within only days and is extremely enthusiastic and responsive.

BaccS has all kinds of useful features/things
... See more
If you're considering trying the new TO3000 3D beta, I would highly recommend also trying the amazing new Windows-based program called ‘BaccS’. It's way cheaper, and much better, and its (sole) developer has only been working on it for a few months. He implements features and fixes bugs within only days and is extremely enthusiastic and responsive.

BaccS has all kinds of useful features/things that TO3000 doesn't have, many of which, TO3000 users have been asking for for years. For example:

• BaccS has an amazing/clear calendar/scheduling pane, which is automatically linked to your Google calendar. Create a job, and it automatically pops up in your Google calendar, including an event on its deadline.
• It took AIT many years to finally add search functionality to TO3000, which is finally available in the 3D version. BaccS has had it from day one.
• AIT finally added a Dashboard to the 3D version, but it's all but useless. The Dashboard in the BaccS is so much better, and can be customized.
• BaccS has a plethora of themes, can make it look like anything you want
• There is a little notepad on the Dashboard, which I find very useful
• BaccS has a TO3000 data importer
• BaccS has a so-called "First-run assistant", to help you get started
• TO3000 3D automatically installs (1) Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB (231MB) + (2) Microsoft SQL server 2012 Native Client (13.7MB), and can't run without them. Programs that install and need Microsoft SQL Server are never a good idea, unless absolutely necessary. Across, e.g., also forces you to install Microsoft SQL Server....
• Eugene/Yauhen implements features requested by BaccS users in mere days, and is extremely enthusiastic and responsive. Compare this with TO3000, which has several 5-year-old bugs that have never been fixed.
• BaccS has all kinds of automatic word stat and performance reports, and a work timer
• BaccS has an amazing Invoice Template editor
etc.

I own the current version of TO3000, but have never been happy with it, and am currently in the process of switching to BaccS. BaccS also has a fully functional TO3000 data importing tool, so you can switch from one to the other relatively easily, and just continue where you left off yesterday in TO3000.

BaccS-screenshot

BaccS-screenshot2

BaccS-screenshot3

http://www.ibaccs.com/

Michael

[Edited at 2017-05-07 20:10 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When will the new version of TO3000 ("Translation Office 3D"?) be released?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »