Thread poster: f_padovani
f_padovani
f_padovani
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2017

Hello everyone,

I am currently translating a manual, which contains some 100 .docx files.

I have created the project in Trados 2017, but after translating the first file I have noticed that the saved target file is not completely translated: after the point where in the original docx I have a page break, my translation stops and everything after that is untranslated.

I know I could change the original .docx and remove the page breaks, but we're talking abou
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am currently translating a manual, which contains some 100 .docx files.

I have created the project in Trados 2017, but after translating the first file I have noticed that the saved target file is not completely translated: after the point where in the original docx I have a page break, my translation stops and everything after that is untranslated.

I know I could change the original .docx and remove the page breaks, but we're talking about more than 100 files with a lot of page interruptions (more or less at the end of every page).

Is there a way to avoid this problem? Can't Trados recognize page breaks somehow without having to reformat all the files? Or have I done something wrong during the creation of my project?

Any help would be much appreciated!

[Edited at 2017-07-26 10:41 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Untraslated segments in Target file due to page breaks in .docx

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »