Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:01
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2017

Hello,
I've just upgraded from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017, and I've noticed a handy aspect of the term recognition seems to have disappeared.
Before I could press a KB shortcut which would allow me to scroll through the terms in the segment, and then hit return to insert one of them. Now, if I don't know the first letter of the target term, I have to click on the term recognition window, scroll to the term in question, return to the segment, and type the first letter of the term. Hav
... See more
Hello,
I've just upgraded from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017, and I've noticed a handy aspect of the term recognition seems to have disappeared.
Before I could press a KB shortcut which would allow me to scroll through the terms in the segment, and then hit return to insert one of them. Now, if I don't know the first letter of the target term, I have to click on the term recognition window, scroll to the term in question, return to the segment, and type the first letter of the term. Have they really got rid of the automatic term-scroll/insert function? Why would they do that?
Regards,
Carlos.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:01
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+L Mar 30, 2017

Ctrl+Shift+L is the shortcut to display the list of terms for the active segment.

Carlos Alvarez
Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:01
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nora! Mar 30, 2017

Thanks Nora!
In the KB shortcuts I was looking for "Display Terms" or "Show Terms", but it's listed as "Show Translations".

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:01
English to Russian
By the way Mar 31, 2017

Hi folks,

Any idea why do I see different Multiterm screens with empty buttons within the same project? Does anyone experience the same?

And the Insert Symbol option (along with half pane) still disappears even though this behavior is well known from previous version.
... See more
Hi folks,

Any idea why do I see different Multiterm screens with empty buttons within the same project? Does anyone experience the same?

And the Insert Symbol option (along with half pane) still disappears even though this behavior is well known from previous version.

[Edited at 2017-03-31 02:57 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic term-scroll/insert function in Studio 2017

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »