Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Mar 30, 2017

Somehow I don't understand what I have to do in order to update a TM in Studio 2015. In the ongoing project I had used an empty TM from the customer and my own TM. Both were set to update. After the file (docx) was translated, I noticed Word could not open the final translation, so I translated the same file and others from doc-format. But I forgot to assign the customer TM. Now the project is ready and I had to send the TM back. But because it had been in use only at the first round, there were... See more
Somehow I don't understand what I have to do in order to update a TM in Studio 2015. In the ongoing project I had used an empty TM from the customer and my own TM. Both were set to update. After the file (docx) was translated, I noticed Word could not open the final translation, so I translated the same file and others from doc-format. But I forgot to assign the customer TM. Now the project is ready and I had to send the TM back. But because it had been in use only at the first round, there were mistakes in the target.
I selected the projects one at a time and used Batch tasks > Update Main translation memories and also Update project translation memories.
But nothing happened, the wrong target segments remained.
Finally I exported my own TM to tmx, deleted the first 1.7 million entries and imported the rest into the customer TM.
But why does updating in Studio not work, I wonder.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Most probably Mar 30, 2017

this happened because this TM was not main (I assume your own TM was the main one).

Anyway, if you wish to update any TM, just open it, choose 'import', add any files you wish to import into the TM, and click 'OK' - as simple as that. All this can be found in Studio Help as well.

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 03:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Batch processing settings? Mar 31, 2017

Please verify the Batch processing settings, in particular If target segments differ:. Ensure you have the radio button Overwrite existing translation units checked.

Also verify that the Segment status: section includes the status of your translations, like Translated.

I hope this helps.

… Jesús Prieto …

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating TMs

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »