Olga El-Hagoug  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:59
Member (2015)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2017

Hello,

I have a question regarding adding files to a single file project in Trados 2017.
I had a single file to translate in my Trados 2017. Naturally, I created a single file project. The project was complete and sent to the outsourcer. Now the outsourcer has sent an "addendum" to the project. How can add this new file into a single file project? (the tab "Add files" is, of course, gray since it is a single file project) Is there a way to convert this single file proje
... See more
Hello,

I have a question regarding adding files to a single file project in Trados 2017.
I had a single file to translate in my Trados 2017. Naturally, I created a single file project. The project was complete and sent to the outsourcer. Now the outsourcer has sent an "addendum" to the project. How can add this new file into a single file project? (the tab "Add files" is, of course, gray since it is a single file project) Is there a way to convert this single file project into an ordinary project with a possibility to add files? I searched in the project settings, but did not find anything even remotely connected to the issue.
I would be very grateful if somebody can give a piece of advice.

[Edited at 2017-02-24 14:34 GMT]
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:59
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Create a new project Feb 24, 2017

You can create a new project based on your single file project. Simply go to File - New - New Project and select the second option: Create a project based on a previous project. Your recent single file project should be listed in the drop-down options.

Hassan Bekhit Hassan

Vladimir Morozov
Vladimir Morozov
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Files need preparing before they can be added! Oct 10, 2019

Here's the procedure:

1. Click the Files button in the navigation pane. All of the files in the active project are displayed in the Files view.

2. In the box at the top of the Files view navigation pane, select the source language. The source documents for the project are displayed on the right.

Important: When you add new files for translation to a project, you must always add the files to the source language folder. If you add the files to the target lang
... See more
Here's the procedure:

1. Click the Files button in the navigation pane. All of the files in the active project are displayed in the Files view.

2. In the box at the top of the Files view navigation pane, select the source language. The source documents for the project are displayed on the right.

Important: When you add new files for translation to a project, you must always add the files to the source language folder. If you add the files to the target language folders they will automatically be added as reference files which are read-only files that cannot be modified.

3. Add files for the language:
If you want to add files individually, then right-click a project file and select Add Files from the shortcut menu. The Add Files dialog box is displayed.

4. Navigate to the required files, select them and click Open (or drag and drop). The selected files are added to the files list; they are given a status of Translatable.

5. Prepare the new files for translation. To do this select the files, right-click and select Batch Tasks > Custom from the shortcut menu. The Batch Processing wizard is displayed on the Batch Tasks page.

6. In the Task Sequence drop-down list, select Prepare. A list of the processes that will be performed on the selected files is displayed in the Tasks box. The settings used to create the original project files will be applied to the new files.

Note: If you want to view or change the project settings before processing the files, click Next to display the Settings page.

7. Click Finish to prepare the files for translation. The prepared SDLXLIFF files are added to all target language folders and are displayed in the list in the Files view when you select a target language from the navigation pane.

Important: Be careful about not forgetting to select the source language in the beginning of the procedure and to switch to the target language in the end!

Using this procedure, you can also add multiple files or even whole folders, by selectiong Add fiolders instead of Add files.

[Edited at 2019-10-10 15:51 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding files to a single file project in Trados 2017

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »