How do I change name on a Studio project?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 03:54
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2017

It's not sufficient to just right-click and rename it, but I must open the project file and somehow give it another name. I have a batch 2 of this project now with exactly the same name, and it has created a lot of trouble for me. If I only could rename it I would finally be able to get on with the translation.

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:54
English to Spanish
... Feb 18, 2017

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

It's not sufficient to just right-click and rename it, but I must open the project file and somehow give it another name. I have a batch 2 of this project now with exactly the same name, and it has created a lot of trouble for me. If I only could rename it I would finally be able to get on with the translation.

Hi Fredrik,

1) In Projects view, right-click on the project
2) Choose Project Settings
3) Under Project, go to Name
4) Change the project name
5) Click OK

Best of luck!

[Edited at 2017-02-18 16:24 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:54
Italian to German
+ ...
For project files... Feb 18, 2017

For renaming a project see above in Miguel's post.
For project files, there is AFAIK no direct way to rename them once they are imported, they take the name of the original file and add a sdlxliff extension. The best way is to simply import a file where you have changed the name, but be careful! Do not delete project files in a hurry without making sure you have updated your TM with all the translations you have done with them (else your unconfirmed translations get lost if you delete the
... See more
For renaming a project see above in Miguel's post.
For project files, there is AFAIK no direct way to rename them once they are imported, they take the name of the original file and add a sdlxliff extension. The best way is to simply import a file where you have changed the name, but be careful! Do not delete project files in a hurry without making sure you have updated your TM with all the translations you have done with them (else your unconfirmed translations get lost if you delete the files!)
Do the following:
On your current project file (with the 'wrong' name), make sure you update the TM with all translations done
Copy your original file and change to the name you want; import it by including pre-translation.
If you see that the newly imported file is really complete, all your previous translations are marked 100% or perfect matches, then you can delete the previous project file.

[EDIT]
Alternative solution removed.

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-18 20:30 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I change name on a Studio project?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »