Thread poster: Ljerka Kovacic Tot
Ljerka Kovacic Tot
Ljerka Kovacic Tot  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 22:43
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 17, 2017

I've had this problem in previous versions of Studio as well (I'm using the latest now) and asked Paul Filkin about it a few years ago at Zagreb Conference, however, I wasn't able to produce on-spot evidence of this issue. I've now managed to film this and put in on my YT channel (excuse poor quality), and am kindly asking for some explanation or t... See more
I've had this problem in previous versions of Studio as well (I'm using the latest now) and asked Paul Filkin about it a few years ago at Zagreb Conference, however, I wasn't able to produce on-spot evidence of this issue. I've now managed to film this and put in on my YT channel (excuse poor quality), and am kindly asking for some explanation or turn-around. TIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDWpn4eW3PI
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:43
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Tags Feb 17, 2017

This is related to your tags. Unfortunately, your video doesn't show the source column completely, are the tags shown in your target segment also present in the source?

Ljerka Kovacic Tot
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tags - I don't believe they cause the issue Feb 17, 2017

Hello and thank you for your reply. I have actually copied the source contents into target and the issue occurred in this part of the segment, as shown in my video. I tried inserting tags as I was translating and it was the same.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:43
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Formatting display style Feb 17, 2017

It looks like you're working with known formatting tags hidden, what happens if you change to Show all formatting and tags under Options - Editor - Formatting display style?

Ljerka Kovacic Tot
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unprovoked font change at the beginning of a new segment Feb 18, 2017

I have now filmed the situation when everything goes normally until I start working in a new segment and obviously don't insert any tags or make any formatting commands and the font is completely different from source. Please take a look and comment, thanks.

https://goo.gl/V3PqFR

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:43
English to Russian
Try this Feb 20, 2017

This is what Nora asked you to do.
Another option is to copy source to target and put cursor to the next place after the first sign. Start typing _after_ the first sign/letter. If
... See more

This is what Nora asked you to do.
Another option is to copy source to target and put cursor to the next place after the first sign. Start typing _after_ the first sign/letter. If the font type does not differ from the source now, it means there are some invisible tags before the first sign/letter. You cannot see them but they still exist. To see them all, see the screenshot above.
Don't ask me why they did so =)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio changing font in the middle of the segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »