Maruti Shinde
Maruti Shinde  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 20:22
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2013

Hello Collegues,
Yesterday I installed SDL Trados Studio 2011 (SP2R - 10.4.3056.0) with SDL Multiterm (SP2 - 9.2.361.0) on my Windows 7 machine. I use Word 2007. I have also installed the SDL Multiterm Widget which was put in My Downloads for me on the SDL's website.

The tools run fine, however, whenever I try to open a word document, I get the following messages in sequence as follows:
1. "The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click "OK" and then
... See more
Hello Collegues,
Yesterday I installed SDL Trados Studio 2011 (SP2R - 10.4.3056.0) with SDL Multiterm (SP2 - 9.2.361.0) on my Windows 7 machine. I use Word 2007. I have also installed the SDL Multiterm Widget which was put in My Downloads for me on the SDL's website.

The tools run fine, however, whenever I try to open a word document, I get the following messages in sequence as follows:
1. "The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click "OK" and then close open dialog boxes to continue".
2. Once I click 'OK', I get the message "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled beacuse of your Macro security settings". After clicking the 'OK' 3 times the document is opened.
3. Then while closing the document the message "Automation Error Unspecified Error" appears. Then upon clicking clicking 'OK', the document is closed.

I enabled all macros, however this problem still persists. I am not an expert in solving these technical issues. Please help.
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:52
English to French
+ ...
Known Issue Feb 13, 2013

Hi,

Try this link: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222565-word_experienced_a_serious_problem_with_multiterm8dotm_studio_2011_user.html

This solution worked for me:

1. Click Start, type cmd, right click and run as administrator (It's very important to run CMD
... See more
Hi,

Try this link: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222565-word_experienced_a_serious_problem_with_multiterm8dotm_studio_2011_user.html

This solution worked for me:

1. Click Start, type cmd, right click and run as administrator (It's very important to run CMD as administrator)
2. Type in: "CD C:\Windows\syswow64" . In my case, the file is in the folder "SysWow64", because I have a 64-bit operating system. I think for 32-bit systems the folder is \system32. If you are not sure, sarch the file in your hard disk to see where it is.
3. Type in: regsvr32 /u mscomctl.ocx, click "enter". (A window will show up saying that the file has been unregistered)
4. Type in: regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx, click "enter". (A window will show up saying that the file has been registered)
5. Type in "exit"

Also, keep in mind that this issue might crop up again after Windows updates.

[Edited at 2013-02-13 14:29 GMT]
Collapse

Maruti Shinde
India
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Need exact solution Feb 13, 2013

Bernard,
Thank you. But I am not able to get the exact solution for this issue there. Can anybody tell me what exactly should I do?
Thanks in advance!

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Windows Update Feb 13, 2013

Hi Maruti,

Just downloaded the latest updates from MS - Vista Pro 32-bit - and this time didn't have to run regsvr32 to fix up the issue mentioned in your post.

HTH,

Bernard

Maruti Shinde
India
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows Updates Feb 14, 2013

Dear Bernard,
I installed updates by clicking the 'Office' button then clicking 'Word Options', then clicking on the 'Resources' tab and then 'get updates' and 'Check for Updates'. It got connected to the Microsoft site, where I was instructed to Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update. I did the same and got them installed successfully. It required a Restart of the machine. After restarting, I checked for any change. There is no change and the same proble
... See more
Dear Bernard,
I installed updates by clicking the 'Office' button then clicking 'Word Options', then clicking on the 'Resources' tab and then 'get updates' and 'Check for Updates'. It got connected to the Microsoft site, where I was instructed to Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update. I did the same and got them installed successfully. It required a Restart of the machine. After restarting, I checked for any change. There is no change and the same problem continues.
Please advise.
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
regsvr32 Feb 14, 2013

Have you tried the above command?

Maruti Shinde
India
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
regsvr32 Feb 15, 2013

Dear Bernard,
Thank you for your kind help:)
I executed the above command and it fixed that particular problem for the time being.
Now there is another issue: while I try to open a word document for the first time after machine start, I get the message 'there was a problem sending the command to the program'. After clicking OK, the file is opened, and an additional blank word file is also opened at that time.

Can you please suggest a solution for this thing?

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Microsoft Issue Feb 15, 2013

Hi Maruti,

Try the following -> Start -> Programs -> MS Office -> right-click on Word 2007 - > Properties -> Compatibility tab -> uncheck Run As Administrator.

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/officesetupdeploylegacy/thread/caaa9bc1-4cd6-4f9d-a666-e2cd9da96c79

... See more
Hi Maruti,

Try the following -> Start -> Programs -> MS Office -> right-click on Word 2007 - > Properties -> Compatibility tab -> uncheck Run As Administrator.

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/officesetupdeploylegacy/thread/caaa9bc1-4cd6-4f9d-a666-e2cd9da96c79

or type your message in the Search box on your Microsoft site.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-02-15 11:34 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-02-15 15:21 GMT]
Collapse

Maruti Shinde
India
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft Issue Feb 15, 2013

Bernard,
All these options under Campatibility tab are already 'unchecked'. What do I do?

Maruti Shinde
India
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft Issue Feb 16, 2013

As the opetions under the compatibility tab were already unchecked, then, as suggested by other friend, I went to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12, selected WINWORD.EXE, right clicked, went to properties, then clicked the compatibility mode box and checked the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' choosing Windows 7 from the dropdown list. The earlier option in the drop-down list was Windows XP (Service Pack 3). My machine is upgraded from XP to Windows 7.
However, th
... See more
As the opetions under the compatibility tab were already unchecked, then, as suggested by other friend, I went to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12, selected WINWORD.EXE, right clicked, went to properties, then clicked the compatibility mode box and checked the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' choosing Windows 7 from the dropdown list. The earlier option in the drop-down list was Windows XP (Service Pack 3). My machine is upgraded from XP to Windows 7.
However, this too has not fixed this issue.
Please advise what to do now.
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Microsoft Site Feb 16, 2013

Have you check the Microsoft site, see link I pasted

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems while Opening Word Document

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »