Mehdi Golestaninasab
Iran
Local time: 11:10
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Jul 27, 2012

Dear All
Hello
I' new to SDL Trados Studio 2009 and need help on a probably simple issue, but after searching in the web and manuals, couldn't find the answer.
the issue is when you use the SDL Trados 2007, the TM is updated automatically after a translated segment is confirmed and you go to the next segment. but here in SDL Trados Studio 2009, I have a big file (about 10000 words). I translate and confirm a segment and go the next one. although they are very similar (for ex
... See more
Dear All
Hello
I' new to SDL Trados Studio 2009 and need help on a probably simple issue, but after searching in the web and manuals, couldn't find the answer.
the issue is when you use the SDL Trados 2007, the TM is updated automatically after a translated segment is confirmed and you go to the next segment. but here in SDL Trados Studio 2009, I have a big file (about 10000 words). I translate and confirm a segment and go the next one. although they are very similar (for example, more than 90 %), but the program just show the English text and no suggestion from TM appears. I know if you've already updated the TM in your previous work and one segment from that previous file is similar to a segment in new file, the TM works well and show this. but what about two similar segments in one file and real-time updating of TM? Should I wait until the file is finished and then update the TM? There is no issue with 100% matches and program shows these when you proceed with translation.
Best Regards and Sorry if the question is simple or a repeated one, but need help urgently
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Project Settings Jul 27, 2012

Hi Mehdi,

This is the answer in case anybody else finds it helpful:

From the Editor View, go to Project Settings, then Translation Memory and Automated Translation.

For each of your TMs that you want to update as you work, make sure that the very last checkbox, called Update, is checked. Please note that this checkbox is usually hidden when the dialog box for Project Settings opens, and you need to make the dialog box bigger to see it.

Mehdi Golestaninasab
Mehdi Golestaninasab
Iran
Local time: 11:10
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nora it solved Jul 27, 2012

Thanks Dear Nora
It was really helpful, I done this but noticed that the already translated (before checking the update box) weren't updated. later Nora helped me again and this explanation worked very well and just wanted you to know this, too.
"If your translation was entered before you checked the updated box, then it's not added to the TM, unless you go back to each previously translated segment and "confirm" it again"
Best Regards and lets appreciate colleagues who share
... See more
Thanks Dear Nora
It was really helpful, I done this but noticed that the already translated (before checking the update box) weren't updated. later Nora helped me again and this explanation worked very well and just wanted you to know this, too.
"If your translation was entered before you checked the updated box, then it's not added to the TM, unless you go back to each previously translated segment and "confirm" it again"
Best Regards and lets appreciate colleagues who share their experiences with others
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
See screenshots here Jul 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, Mhedi.

I have just prepared an explanation with screenshots for anyone who may be interested here:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2012/07/studio-2011-tm-not-updating-check-this.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Real-time Updating TM in SDL Trados Studio 2009

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »