Claudia Mattaliano
Claudia Mattaliano  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:01
German to Italian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2011

Hello everybody!

I got this strange error message from Studio 2009:

"An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version".

It appeared yesterday for the first time while I was trying to close Studio (no document and no TM were running at that time) and now it shows again. I try to open a normal .doc file, but as soon as it opens I get the message and it closes again.

Does anyone know what's happening and what I should do?

... See more
Hello everybody!

I got this strange error message from Studio 2009:

It appeared yesterday for the first time while I was trying to close Studio (no document and no TM were running at that time) and now it shows again. I try to open a normal .doc file, but as soon as it opens I get the message and it closes again.

Does anyone know what's happening and what I should do?

Thank you!
Claudia
Collapse

Jonathan Hopkins
Jonathan Hopkins  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Nothing you can do but end Studio.exe from Task Manager Dec 16, 2011

Hi Claudia,

Claudia Mattaliano wrote:

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do, but close Studio via Task Manager and start over again. We get this occasionally in Studio 2011, too.

What actually causes this, however, is unknown to me.

Cheers,
Jonathan

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
deleted files Dec 16, 2011

Hi both,

The one way we have seen this happening is when users deleted project files or folders on the hard-disk while they are still referenced in Studio.

So you should check your Projects list to see if there are still Projects where the *.sdlproj file is not available anymore. This also applies to Single Document projects.

We will make the message more meaningful in a future Update.

Cheers,
Luis

Daniel Krol
Daniel Krol
Studio 2011 Can't open a project as "an error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version" Apr 28, 2013

I have an urgent issue - project I've been working on for the past few days and due tomorrow!

Seems that my Trados lost contact to its historical files after system crash.
At startup it asked me to go through Wizard. Now when I'm trying to open my project (.sdlproj) it says "an error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version".

Effective help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance
DK

[Zmieniono 2013-04-28 10:32 GMT]

[Zmi
... See more
I have an urgent issue - project I've been working on for the past few days and due tomorrow!

Seems that my Trados lost contact to its historical files after system crash.
At startup it asked me to go through Wizard. Now when I'm trying to open my project (.sdlproj) it says "an error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version".

Effective help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance
DK

[Zmieniono 2013-04-28 10:32 GMT]

[Zmieniono 2013-04-28 19:37 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Recreate your Project... Apr 28, 2013

... and pretranslate from your TM. Or open the individual sdlxliff files using "Open Document" instead of creating a Project, finish them off and save the target files.

Regards

Paul

Luis Fernando Carvalho
Luis Fernando Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm still confused about "creating a project" and some files are simply not read (a red circule msg) May 28, 2017

Can anybody help me out how to understand definitely WHY some files (cannot determine to what type of files this thing happens oftenly here to you all) simply suffer the "file could not be read" kind of error (where occurs a red circle with an "x" in the middle)?

I'm not sure if I made myself clear to you all, did I?

BTW, I'm using SDL Trados 2009 SP3.

Thank you all.

... See more
Can anybody help me out how to understand definitely WHY some files (cannot determine to what type of files this thing happens oftenly here to you all) simply suffer the "file could not be read" kind of error (where occurs a red circle with an "x" in the middle)?

I'm not sure if I made myself clear to you all, did I?

BTW, I'm using SDL Trados 2009 SP3.

Thank you all.

Luis Fernando Carvalho.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message with Studio 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »