Maria Johansson
Maria Johansson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:08
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 31, 2011

Hi there

I have translated a file with Studio 2009 and need to deliver both ttx bilingual file & clean file. How can I export this? I cant seem to find an option as there is only an option to save target as..the original word (open office) document, or save as a studio 2009 file. I have access to 2007 and tageditor but I assume I would have to start all over again to use these?

Please help!

Thanks
Maria

Goetz und Weise
Goetz und Weise
Germany
First save as TTX, then translate TTX in Studio Mar 31, 2011

Hi Maria,

You need to create a TTX in TagEditor BEFORE opening the document in Studio.
Then you can open the TTX in Studio and translate it.
If you need the translated TTX, simply export the files. You will find the TTX in the file specified for export.
If you need the Word/xls..., you need to open the SDLXLIFF in the Studio editor and select Save Target. If it's a TTX, you can select whether you would like to get the TTX or the orginal format (doc, xls...).
... See more
Hi Maria,

You need to create a TTX in TagEditor BEFORE opening the document in Studio.
Then you can open the TTX in Studio and translate it.
If you need the translated TTX, simply export the files. You will find the TTX in the file specified for export.
If you need the Word/xls..., you need to open the SDLXLIFF in the Studio editor and select Save Target. If it's a TTX, you can select whether you would like to get the TTX or the orginal format (doc, xls...).

Hope this helps

Christina
Collapse

Maria Johansson
Maria Johansson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
to start again Mar 31, 2011

Thanks Christina, I understand I have to start all over again to get a bilingual file (in any format) but hopefully the updated TM should make this a fairly painless experience..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export into a TTX file from Trados Studio 2009

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »