How do I enlarge the font size in SDL Trados?
Thread poster: Michelle Ningyu
Michelle Ningyu
Michelle Ningyu
Canada
Local time: 08:20
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 30, 2010

This probably would be a silly questions for the CAD Tool experts..... but can somebody please tell me how to enlarge the font size in SDL Trados? My eyes hurt so much by looking at the small font size for longer hours....

Thanks in advance.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:20
English to Thai
+ ...
T2007 and T2009 Oct 30, 2010

For Trados 2007, select View>Font in TagEditor or select the Tab slider in MS Word (depend on your Trados interface). For SDL Edit 2007, select View> Target (or Source) Font Size. For SDL Trados Studio 2009, select Editor > Tools > Options > Editor > Font adaptation > Minimum font size / maximum font size.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Michelle Ningyu
Michelle Ningyu
Canada
Local time: 08:20
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Soonthon. Oct 30, 2010

Much better now

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Local time: 13:20
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
Shortcut Jan 11, 2016

No faster way to do it? There definitely should be a shortcut for this for people who switch from desktop to TV/projector often.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Not in 2010, but now there's a faster way Jan 11, 2016

Ekhangel wrote:

No faster way to do it? There definitely should be a shortcut for this for people who switch from desktop to TV/projector often.

There've been 3 major releases since the thread was started.
In Studio 2014 and 2015 you can increase and decrease font size in the Editor much faster. Go to the View tab and click on the "increase" or "decrease" icon at the far right.

You can customise your own shortcut for this if you switch from desktop to TV/projector often.
Go to File>Options>Keyboard Shortcuts>Editor and add your own shortcuts under "increase" and "decrease".

Peter Skinnes
Peter Skinnes
Norway
English to Norwegian
Thank you Apr 27, 2016

Thank you very much Emma Goldsmith

Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:20
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Apr 9, 2017

Thanks I was just googling the same when I came with this, now I can actually read the translation units =)

Lau Wei Tsinn
Lau Wei Tsinn  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 20:20
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thank you very much! May 16, 2017

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

In Studio 2014 and 2015 you can increase and decrease font size in the Editor much faster. Go to the View tab and click on the "increase" or "decrease" icon at the far right.

You can customise your own shortcut for this if you switch from desktop to TV/projector often.
Go to File>Options>Keyboard Shortcuts>Editor and add your own shortcuts under "increase" and "decrease".

Thank you very much! A simple solution for an annoying issue with the font size.

Wei

mohamed Adan
mohamed Adan  Identity Verified
Kenya
Local time: 15:20
Member (2021)
English to Somali
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you! Sep 9, 2017

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Ekhangel wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I enlarge the font size in SDL Trados?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »