Dominika Lupa
Dominika Lupa  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:25
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 26, 2010

Hi there,

I bought Studio 2009, installed it and so far everything went well.
I created new TM and the problem begins when I try to open any document for translation. Every time I get this message:

Invalid URI: the hostname could not be parsed

I would be very grateful for any ideas what to do with it

Thanks!

Dominika

Dominika Lupa
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok, so I found an answer elsewhere :) Aug 26, 2010

do not bother any more - that's a problem connected with working on Mac...

Regards,

Dominika

jvhest (X)
jvhest (X)
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Solution, please Sep 8, 2010

Hi, if you found the solution to your problem, please let others benefit from it.
After working a few days on my new iMac, I suddenly had the same problem.

Jean

Dominika Lupa
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK so the problem and the solution is the following: Sep 9, 2010

QUOTED FROM SDL WEBSITE:

Symptoms
When trying to open a translation memory or a file to translate from within SDL Trados Studio 2009, the following error message occurs:

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

Explanation
The SDL Trados Studio installer is designed to work on a Windows PC. When run on a Macintosh PC, the file system must be set so that the installer and Studio operate in a Windows file system.

Resolution
... See more
QUOTED FROM SDL WEBSITE:

Symptoms
When trying to open a translation memory or a file to translate from within SDL Trados Studio 2009, the following error message occurs:

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

Explanation
The SDL Trados Studio installer is designed to work on a Windows PC. When run on a Macintosh PC, the file system must be set so that the installer and Studio operate in a Windows file system.

Resolution
In your Macintosh virtual environment for Windows setup, disable the use of the MacOS style file system and make sure that SDL Trados Studio is operating on an actual drive letter (preferably C:/).

Rather than storing your files on a share, any file that must be accessed by Trados Studio should be located on a local drive or a share that is mapped to a drive letter.

Note
The use of SDL applications on the Mac is not officially supported and we may not always be able to assist in configuring your Mac to make SDL software work.

I myself did not disable any functions, I just copied the files I needed to C:/, and now it works all right.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 error: "Invalid URI: the hostname could not be parsed"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »