Thread poster: Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:26
English to German
+ ...
Dec 22, 2015

Have you ever updated one of your Blue Board entries? Not immediately, but years after the initial entry.

The idea did not cross my mind until I was asked to do so. Hence my question.

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:26
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Yes, I have, several times. Dec 22, 2015

I've done this several times.

Our over the years collaboration went fine, and suddenly, the agency refuses to pay for dubious reasons (not cashflow, but rather groundless and false accusations).

Even if I get my money in full amount, I have my policy not to work with those kind of agencies. My initial entries were 4 or 5, but my second or maybe third entry would be a 1 or 2 depending on the situation. Of course, if we continue our good relationship, I would update it a
... See more
I've done this several times.

Our over the years collaboration went fine, and suddenly, the agency refuses to pay for dubious reasons (not cashflow, but rather groundless and false accusations).

Even if I get my money in full amount, I have my policy not to work with those kind of agencies. My initial entries were 4 or 5, but my second or maybe third entry would be a 1 or 2 depending on the situation. Of course, if we continue our good relationship, I would update it and enter a 4 or 5 stating our good cooperation.

It's nothing strange at all. And sometimes, this leads to more work in some cases.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:26
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Make a new entry or edit the old one? Dec 22, 2015

Gudrun Wolfrath wrote:
Have you ever updated one of your Blue Board entries? Not immediately, but years after the initial entry.

You can only edit an entry during the first year, and then only in some circumstances: http://www.proz.com/faq/3034#3034

But you can certainly make a new entry. It's perfectly valid as things change as time goes by - for the better or for the worse. You may simply want to reaffirm your satisfaction (I assume that nobody would continue working very long for a client that doesn't deserve a high rating in the first place).

Gudrun Wolfrath
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yasutomo and Sheila Dec 22, 2015

Thank you for your anwers.

In this case I could only add that I have been paid meanwhile thanks to my lawyer. My rating would not change, of course.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
The same Dec 23, 2015

Gudrun Wolfrath wrote:
In this case I could only add that I have been paid meanwhile thanks to my lawyer. My rating would not change, of course.

I changed one BB entry after a similar event: they would'nt pay me, I wrote a negative BB entry, but finally got paid after sending a legal requirement to do so; so I explained the whole thing editing my BB entry, which was moderated and accepted. I din't change my rating though.

Happy Christmas!

[Edited at 2015-12-23 11:27 GMT]

Gudrun Wolfrath
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Susana. Dec 23, 2015

Sounds familiar to me. Meanwhile I have changed the entry without changing my rating.

Merry Christmas!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating BB entries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »