Thread poster: liora (X)
liora (X)
liora (X)  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:12
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jul 17, 2015

I have a problem. I am a paying member. Many of the translation requests arrive twelve hours after I get up and the ProzCom software tells me that my quoting time has expired.
On the other hand, the computer insists that non-members CAN quote after 12 hours. I don`t understand this. I am a paying member and I cannot quote and non paying members can quote? Please fix this. So that paying members can quote with non paying members as well.

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
it is simply because Jul 17, 2015

the job poster sets the time when quotes can be accepted. It is not proz. Usually job posters don`t wait more than 5-10 hours, and then they "close" the post.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:12
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Raise a support ticket Jul 17, 2015

You may have a glitch with your settings, liora, so I advise you to raise a support ticket. There are buttons in most places on the site to do that, or go to the Support Centre under the About tab.

Paying members are not excluded from quoting after 12 hours. It's simply that the first 12 hours are for members only. After that, anyone can quote up to the deadline for quotes.

Of course, the poster often finds a suitable translator before the end of the 12 hours, so non-p
... See more
You may have a glitch with your settings, liora, so I advise you to raise a support ticket. There are buttons in most places on the site to do that, or go to the Support Centre under the About tab.

Paying members are not excluded from quoting after 12 hours. It's simply that the first 12 hours are for members only. After that, anyone can quote up to the deadline for quotes.

Of course, the poster often finds a suitable translator before the end of the 12 hours, so non-paying users don't get a chance to vote at all. Some posters seem to accept one of the first quotes and close the job immediately - in that case most paying members will be presented with a "job closed" message. Very frustrating, but that's how a lot of business is done nowadays.

Remember also that the time differences may mean you get notifications when you aren't at your desk, but other suitable translators may be in a position to quote immediately.

If your problems aren't due to the above circumstances, do raise a support ticket so staff can check your settings.
Collapse

liora (X)
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you for the reply, I will look for the "glitch" problem Jul 17, 2015

Thanks

liora (X)
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re "glitch" Jul 17, 2015

Dear Sheila
All I get is a notification that "quoting time has expired) and there is no availability on my prozcom screen.
The Administration will not fix it. That is my opinion. Let me throw the gauntlet. They will just write something bla bla that will not assist me.
Liora

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
What was the quoting deadline? Jul 17, 2015

Nobody can help you with such questions if you don't mention the quoting deadline written in the job, and the time when you wanted to quote (please include the time zones in the timestamps).

Within the quoting deadline, you shouldn't be told it was expired.

However, as Sheila said, the outsourcer may already have found a translator and closed it, in which case you would see 'job closed'.

As for your not being able to do business while you're sleeping, it's
... See more
Nobody can help you with such questions if you don't mention the quoting deadline written in the job, and the time when you wanted to quote (please include the time zones in the timestamps).

Within the quoting deadline, you shouldn't be told it was expired.

However, as Sheila said, the outsourcer may already have found a translator and closed it, in which case you would see 'job closed'.

As for your not being able to do business while you're sleeping, it's the same for all of us.

It sometimes happens that even if one clicks very quickly on a job, it's already closed. Who knows what they're doing. Maybe it was a mistake.
Collapse

liora (X)
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for the replies Jul 17, 2015

thank you all

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Have you asked? Jul 17, 2015

liora wrote:
The Administration will not fix it. That is my opinion. Let me throw the gauntlet. They will just write something bla bla that will not assist me.

If you haven't asked, then I think it's very unfair to presume to know what their response would be. That's like playing judge, jury and executioner without even telling the defendant they're being accused of anything. That's hardly just.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:12
French to Spanish
+ ...
E-mail? Jul 17, 2015

liora wrote:

I have a problem. I am a paying member. Many of the translation requests arrive twelve hours after I get up and the ProzCom software tells me that my quoting time has expired.

Hello, liora, it might also be a problem with your e-mail server or settings. Last year Proz seemed to have a problem with Yahoo users, for instance. Check your settings AND file a ticket, just in case.

Regards,

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:12
French to German
+ ...
Job closed by outsourcer Jul 17, 2015

I think the reason probably is that the outsourcer has closed the job because he already has found the provider he wants to work with.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

quoting time for members and non members

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »