Thread poster: golf264
golf264
golf264  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 13, 2015

It irritates me more and more. So-named employers who are not entirely honest in their ads.

I recently encountered an individual that after a long application process, tells me in hindsight that the client has dropped out and therefore there will be no assignemnet. The ad was not placed as a potential assignment.

Another employer maintained an equally complicated hiring proces and ended by saying that he would recommend me to his colleagues. While the other colleagues w
... See more
It irritates me more and more. So-named employers who are not entirely honest in their ads.

I recently encountered an individual that after a long application process, tells me in hindsight that the client has dropped out and therefore there will be no assignemnet. The ad was not placed as a potential assignment.

Another employer maintained an equally complicated hiring proces and ended by saying that he would recommend me to his colleagues. While the other colleagues were never mentioned in the ad, or the fact that he does not accept or reject anyone. With this employer, I was then told I was accepted, and only after a few weeks, it became clear that the acceptance applied to a database and no specific assignment.

Also this ad did not mention a database acceptance.

I do not want to apply for a database or indicate interest for or bother with a potential assignment. As a result of missing or unfair information from the employer I am just compelled to apply to this kind of hassle while it should be my choice whether I apply or not to such things.

It makes me mad, I do not like it, and I think this kind of assignment deception should be addressed. How exactly I dont want to suggest as yet.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dishonest Job Postings

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »