Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:47
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Jun 25, 2013

Today I have received a notification for a job that was quite interesting. I went to check it out and it turned out the job has been posted... five days ago! I thought it was a mistake or a double posting maybe, but no - the header clearly states that the job was posted on June 20 and notifications have been sent out on June 25.

What is the reason for such delay? What is the point of having notifications if I have to check the board myself anyway?

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 02:47
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Messed code? Jun 25, 2013

There was a slight change in the design recently, then they reverted back to the old one and perhaps in the meantime some code got messed...

Simona Sgro
Simona Sgro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Same issue Jun 25, 2013

I had the same issue this yesterday and this morning.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:47
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request Jun 25, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. Jabberwock and Simona, could you submit a support request specifying what posting the notifications were for and including the notification itself? Your reply will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:47
English
+ ...
Email delays Jun 25, 2013

Actually, the first thing to look at in any delayed email is to look at the Received headers. Delays can occur anywhere and the first thing to check is to figure out where the delay was.

Sweetie
Sweetie
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:47
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Another one. Jan 23, 2015

A job went up yesterday morning and was up for almost 24 hours; I still haven't had an email about it.

And mods, since this happens time and again, I think it's a bit diversionary to ask paying members to submit details of individual cases. It's obviously a more general problem than that.

EDIT TO ADD: for some reason this thread didn't go to the top of the list, and my post here has been dated at 25 June 2013 when it's actually 22 January 2015!! What's up folks?
<
... See more
A job went up yesterday morning and was up for almost 24 hours; I still haven't had an email about it.

And mods, since this happens time and again, I think it's a bit diversionary to ask paying members to submit details of individual cases. It's obviously a more general problem than that.

EDIT TO ADD: for some reason this thread didn't go to the top of the list, and my post here has been dated at 25 June 2013 when it's actually 22 January 2015!! What's up folks?

[Edited at 2015-01-23 11:21 GMT]
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:47
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
More information is necessary in order to give an accurate reply Jan 23, 2015

Dear Sweetie,

Thanks for raising this question. Please note that there are many possible reasons that could explain that you have not received a notification for a particular job posting. A minority of them involve a technical problem at the time of sending the notification. That makes it necessary to have all the information before an accurate reply can be given. In general, it is enough to know which is the job posting related to the notification to be able to give a first assessm
... See more
Dear Sweetie,

Thanks for raising this question. Please note that there are many possible reasons that could explain that you have not received a notification for a particular job posting. A minority of them involve a technical problem at the time of sending the notification. That makes it necessary to have all the information before an accurate reply can be given. In general, it is enough to know which is the job posting related to the notification to be able to give a first assessment. More information may be necessary later (mainly the headers in the email), but that is only if it is ascertained that the notification was indeed sent and it was received with a delay. Without knowing the job posting being referred to, I can only supply a link to the FAQs concerning job notifications: http://www.proz.com/faq/jobs.html#job_notifications

Since posting links to jobs on forums is not allowed (because it may result in comments on outsourcers, which should be restricted to the Blue Board as per forums rule #8), relevant information must be supplied through the support system.

By the way, I see that this thread is at the top of the list of this forum, http://www.proz.com/forum/51 , and on the first page of the "Most recent posts" page, http://www.proz.com/forum/ . The date you see under the column titled "Poster", June 25, 2013 is the date this thread was started. The latest post is shown in the rightmost column, titled "Latest post".

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Significant delay in job notifications

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »