How to edit templates & issue with job poster's name
Thread poster: pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2013

Hello,

I am wondering where I can edit templates, the ones you use when replying to a job posting.
It seems to me that this option is available only when submitting a quote, but I am wondering if I can access and edit them from elsewhere on the site.

Also, I am a partial member and when I submit a quote, at the bottom of the page the outsourcer information are HIDDEN like if I were a non-paying member. I can see the outsourcer details just fine in the Job posting
... See more
Hello,

I am wondering where I can edit templates, the ones you use when replying to a job posting.
It seems to me that this option is available only when submitting a quote, but I am wondering if I can access and edit them from elsewhere on the site.

Also, I am a partial member and when I submit a quote, at the bottom of the page the outsourcer information are HIDDEN like if I were a non-paying member. I can see the outsourcer details just fine in the Job posting page, I am experiencing this issue only on the Submit quote page. It is pretty annoying since I can't always remember the name of the poster, and I like to start my quote with "Dear Mr. John Doe". At present I have to re-open the Job post page on another windows just to read again the name of the poster.
Collapse

Viktoriia Horiachko

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:44
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
We certainly need access to those templates Apr 27, 2013

Hi Paola,

This exact question was asked not too long ago, and I'm afraid that the answer was that you can only get to those templates when you're actually applying for a job. It's a limitation that I personally find very annoying. The worst time to start refining your text is when a poster is actually waiting for a reply! OK, you'll need to tweak it every time, but you should be able to work on the structure during a quiet moment.

As for the "hidden", do you mean that y
... See more
Hi Paola,

This exact question was asked not too long ago, and I'm afraid that the answer was that you can only get to those templates when you're actually applying for a job. It's a limitation that I personally find very annoying. The worst time to start refining your text is when a poster is actually waiting for a reply! OK, you'll need to tweak it every time, but you should be able to work on the structure during a quiet moment.

As for the "hidden", do you mean that you can no longer see the contact details on the job post that's displayed below your quote, or are you referring to the little box that links to their Blue Board record? I'm a full member and I get that little BB box "hidden", too. - it seems to be a bug. But it doesn't worry me too much because I've already checked their BB record by that time. I can see the details of the name, job title etc if I scroll right down to the bottom of the quote screen.

Sheila
Collapse

Viktoriia Horiachko

pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Apr 27, 2013

Sheila Wilson wrote:

As for the "hidden", do you mean that you can no longer see the contact details on the job post that's displayed below your quote, or are you referring to the little box that links to their Blue Board record? I'm a full member and I get that little BB box "hidden", too. - it seems to be a bug.
Sheila

Yes, I meant that. Sometimes it features also the name of the poster (since one company might have multiple posters) and I hate it gets hidden!

Paola

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Currently no separate section for creating/editing job quote templates Apr 29, 2013

Paola Slajmer wrote:

Hello,

Also, I am a partial member and when I submit a quote, at the bottom of the page the outsourcer information are HIDDEN like if I were a non-paying member. I can see the outsourcer details just fine in the Job posting page, I am experiencing this issue only on the Submit quote page. It is pretty annoying since I can't always remember the name of the poster, and I like to start my quote with "Dear Mr. John Doe". At present I have to re-open the Job post page on another windows just to read again the name of the poster.

Hello Paola,

To answer your first question, and as Sheila correctly points out, there is currently no section in which job quotes may be edited other than directly in the job quote interface. However, the suggestion to have a separate section in which job quote templates may be created and edited has been recorded and will be considered for possible future implementation.

As for the other issue you point out, would you mind submitting a support request with one or two jobs that you've tried submitting a quote for and noticed this error occurring? That will help me look into this better and determine if everything is working as it should.

Thanks for reporting this!

Best regards,

Maria

pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! May 8, 2013

Done, please have a look at TKT#363023

lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
Italian to English
Any follow up on this business of editing templates? Jun 23, 2016

[quote]Sheila Wilson wrote:

Hi Paola,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering if this was ever resolved, because it would be really helpful to be able to edit one's own templates. Please follow-up? Most grateful.

Viktoriia Horiachko
Daniela Wolff

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to edit templates & issue with job poster's name

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »