Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:12
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2016

Hi folks,
I have a Spanish keyboard.
Is there any way to keep the OS (Windows 10) language Spanish but have English as the default language in Word (2010)?

At the mo when I add text boxes they're added in Spanish as the default language and it takes a lot of time to change the language in all the text boxes for the spell check.

If I change the Windows input language to English I get English text boxes but this also screws up the keyboard layout.

... See more
Hi folks,
I have a Spanish keyboard.
Is there any way to keep the OS (Windows 10) language Spanish but have English as the default language in Word (2010)?

At the mo when I add text boxes they're added in Spanish as the default language and it takes a lot of time to change the language in all the text boxes for the spell check.

If I change the Windows input language to English I get English text boxes but this also screws up the keyboard layout.

I've already tried "Select All" then "Default language" in Word but this just changes the main text language and not that of any new text boxes I might add, which appear to be added in Windows default input language.

Also "Detect language automatically" doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2016-08-05 08:12 GMT]
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:12
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
If you are not comfortable with the English layout… Aug 5, 2016

…why don’t you just use the Spanish layout for English too?

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:12
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Might have done the trick Aug 5, 2016

Thanks Esperantisto,
I've selected English as the OS language but with a Spanish keyboard layout for that input language and it looks like it's working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English Word text boxes with Spanish keyboard

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »