Dr. Lausberg de Morales
Dr. Lausberg de Morales  Identity Verified
Guatemala
Local time: 17:27
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 20, 2017

Dear colleagues, as a new "service", Xoom unauthorizedly sent my private data (full name, phone number, amount of my phone bill) to a customer, offering them to pay my bills. When I questioned this breach of my privacy, they did not even apologize. I stopped using this service as this may compromise my customer relationships. Has anyone had a similar experience with this service? What action did you take?

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:27
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Xoom and SEO Apr 20, 2017

Sorry to be going a bit off topic here, but I had never heard of "Xoom", so I Googled it, and found the most blatant case of SEO (search engine optimization) that I'd ever come across. The top two items on the Xoom page were not Xoom at all, but two rival money transfer organizations. I noticed that their Google listing began with a little green box containing the letters "Ad".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Privacy issues with Xoom

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »