Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:35
Dutch to English
Feb 17, 2017

Hullo,
I fear I already know the answer, but if I translate a Studio project in MemoQ, is there any way to get a preview in Word that I can edit and import back into the MemoQ project?

Thanks,

Olly

Elizabeth Slaney
Elizabeth Slaney  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
MemoQ. Same proble. I have an SDLXLIFF I'd like to revise in Word & then import back Mar 2, 2017

Have tried just about anything but can't see if this can be done. I was sent an SDL package with a file containing text for translation and some parts already in my source languge for revision. I needed to export/convert the SDLXLIFF file to Word to print and revise existing source text (while tracking changes) to reimport and then send on to the customer in a return package and with the separate Word file. Is this possible?

Elizabeth Slaney
Elizabeth Slaney  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
MemoQ should consider making this possible Mar 3, 2017

Thank you Olly. I have indeed used the two column export option to revise a text and this works fine. However, in this particular case, where I needed to translate in MemoQ, export to Word to revise the English (that already existed) while tracking the changes, and then to send the Word document back to the customer ... MemoQ could not perform.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preview Studio file in Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »