How to create web site containing exotic languages?
Thread poster: Don Hank
Don Hank
Don Hank  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:13
German to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2016

Hi. I am a translator and need a multilingual web site to promote my services. In the past, have used Wordpress for a web site but discovered that it cannot accept languages like Russian, Chinese, Arabic or other exotic languages. So I went out and subscribed to Site5, which can accept these. The techies there could not help me get started but suggest that I create the site with Wordpress. However, because Wordpress does not accept the exotic international fonts, I am stuck. I am looking for a w... See more
Hi. I am a translator and need a multilingual web site to promote my services. In the past, have used Wordpress for a web site but discovered that it cannot accept languages like Russian, Chinese, Arabic or other exotic languages. So I went out and subscribed to Site5, which can accept these. The techies there could not help me get started but suggest that I create the site with Wordpress. However, because Wordpress does not accept the exotic international fonts, I am stuck. I am looking for a web designer who can handle Site5. I looked around for Asian site designers but found only sites that make you negotiate via the site in question but do not enable you to communicate directly with the designer. Any ideas will be appreciated. Perhaps someone knows of a good designer who is not too pricey.Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Unicode Jun 7, 2016

Are you sure that Wordpress cannot work with exotic languages? Google "Wordpress unicode" and I think you might find how to do it.

Don Hank
Don Hank  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for that, John Jun 8, 2016

I had heard that Wordpress sells add-ons for various languages. However, this would be for sites using only those languages plus the usual Eurocentric ones. Unicode sounds like what I want. Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create web site containing exotic languages?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »