United States
Local time: 08:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Should be finished today Dec 26, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

Triston Goodwin wrote:

My intention wasn't to sell my services, only to let people know about a new tool.

Glad to hear it, although to me it does sound like you are advertising a paid-for service.

I can see that. I guess I'm spending too much time in these marketing groups, I'm starting to sound like them.

I'm just about finished putting everything together. I was planning to upload a YouTube video and blog post on the subject, but I'll post a summary here as well. It explains how to create a business page if you don't already have one and how to verify that page. I also have some tips on optimizing it. It's all stuff that anyone can do for free.

Preston Decker
Preston Decker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:33
Chinese to English
Co-working offices Dec 26, 2015

Triston Goodwin wrote:

Ekaterina Kroumova wrote:

I don't work locally. What if I want to target a foreign market?

It's designed for local businesses, but you can cheat a little. What you need is an address in the area that you are targeting - virtual offices and things like that work just fine. I live in a small town, but I'm thinking about signing up for a coworking space in the capital near here so I can place myself in the middle of everything. I have another that's beenset up with a PO Box. I just used the post office address and marked my PO Box number as my suite number. It's a bit of an investment, but it generates more money than it costs.

[Edited at 2015-12-25 19:26 GMT]

Co-working offices may also be worth a look. The co-working office I use offers a mailbox only option for 20 dollars a month.

Dani Karuniawan
Dani Karuniawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 21:33
English to Indonesian
+ ...
CAT booming Dec 27, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

Triston Goodwin wrote:

My intention wasn't to sell my services, only to let people know about a new tool.

Glad to hear it, although to me it does sound like you are advertising a paid-for service.

I agree.

Now is the time for CAT booming, because these tools are sufficiently not so complex (read: easy) for prolific computer programmers, according to my friends with IT background.

Try to provide the service no charge at all. I am sure most of translators under the sky will crowd around you.

[Edited at 2015-12-27 11:43 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Facebook.com/services for Translators

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »