Edinburgh Focus Group on Telephone Interpreting for Healthcare Settings
Thread poster: Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross
Türkiye
Turkish to English
May 30, 2017

Dear interpreters! I am an Interpreting Studies scholar and public service / community interpreter, usually based in Istanbul, Turkey. I am currently in Edinburgh to carry out research into the use of telephone interpreting in healthcare settings. With the collaboration of Prof. Claudia Angelelli of Heriot-Watt University, at 4pm on Friday 2nd June I will be running a focus group in Central Edinburgh on the subject of telephone interpreting for healthcare settings, and I am looking for volunteer... See more
Dear interpreters! I am an Interpreting Studies scholar and public service / community interpreter, usually based in Istanbul, Turkey. I am currently in Edinburgh to carry out research into the use of telephone interpreting in healthcare settings. With the collaboration of Prof. Claudia Angelelli of Heriot-Watt University, at 4pm on Friday 2nd June I will be running a focus group in Central Edinburgh on the subject of telephone interpreting for healthcare settings, and I am looking for volunteer participants who have experience of healthcare interpreting both face-to-face and over-the-phone. If you would like to help me with my research and enjoy an interesting discussion with other interpreters, as well as delicious refreshments from Turkey, please complete the mini survey at

http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=xd2vfum0xlqcbttb7jetzhxmb63cfz23

It will take you 3 minutes maximum, and I'll get back to you within a few hours. Many thanks. Dr Jonathan Ross
Collapse

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross
Türkiye
Turkish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Third Edinburgh Focus Group on Healthcare Interpreting Jun 12, 2017

Dear Interpreters in Edinburgh!

On Thursday 15th June, I will be organising the last of three focus groups on healthcare interpreting and am looking for volunteer participants with experience of healthcare interpreting in Edinburgh or Lothian region, both face-to-face and over-the-telephone. The focus group will be held between 17:00 and 19:00 in the main library of Edinburgh University, George Square, hosted by Dr. Şebnem Susam-Sarajeva of the Translation Studies program at Univer
... See more
Dear Interpreters in Edinburgh!

On Thursday 15th June, I will be organising the last of three focus groups on healthcare interpreting and am looking for volunteer participants with experience of healthcare interpreting in Edinburgh or Lothian region, both face-to-face and over-the-telephone. The focus group will be held between 17:00 and 19:00 in the main library of Edinburgh University, George Square, hosted by Dr. Şebnem Susam-Sarajeva of the Translation Studies program at University of Edinburgh. The focus group will be chaired by Prof. Claudia Angelelli, an international authority on healthcare interpreting. If you would like to contribute to our research, meet other interpreters and discuss various aspects of healthcare interpreting, please fill out the brief survey at

http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=4qhrkzhpljeinrdr97p9v497vw0w3c44

I will respond to you within a few hours.

I hope to meet many of you on Thursday 15th!

If you have any queries, please contact me at [email protected].

Dr. Jonathan Ross
Bogazici University, Istanbul
Dept. of Translation and Interpreting Studies
Collapse

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross
Türkiye
Turkish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Cancellation of Focus Group Jun 15, 2017

Dear fellow interpreters. In case anyone was thinking of just turning up at the focus group at Edinburgh University library today, I'd like to inform you that - unfortunately - the focus group has been cancelled. Thank you to all those who took part in the previous two focus groups, which gave me great insight into their experience of telephone interpreting for healthcare settings. And thank you to those colleagues who expressed an interest in the third focus group! In a few months I'll be posti... See more
Dear fellow interpreters. In case anyone was thinking of just turning up at the focus group at Edinburgh University library today, I'd like to inform you that - unfortunately - the focus group has been cancelled. Thank you to all those who took part in the previous two focus groups, which gave me great insight into their experience of telephone interpreting for healthcare settings. And thank you to those colleagues who expressed an interest in the third focus group! In a few months I'll be posting a link to an online survey on the same subject and hope that everyone in the group with experience of healthcare interpreting will contribute to my research by completing the questionnaire. Should any of you be coming to Istanbul, Turkey, drop me an email at [email protected]. Have a good summer!Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edinburgh Focus Group on Telephone Interpreting for Healthcare Settings

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »