Auteur du fil: Bianca Dobos
Bianca Dobos
Espagne
Local time: 19:36
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
May 15

Hello everybody,

I'm a Translation student who wants to do an interpreting voluntary service in a hospital in the USA. I've been asked to take out an insurance in order to be able to do it. I've tried to do it from Spain, as here there is an insurance similar to the E&O, nevertheless, I've been told that it is not possible because it wouldn't insure me abroad.

Do you know if there is any possibility of taking out such insurance without being a Freelance? Maybe taking it out directly from an American insurance brokage?

Has anybody been in a situation similar to mine who could help me?

Thank you very much in advance,
Bianca

Direct link Reply with quote

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 12:36
Membre (2002)
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
ATA E&O insurance May 17

Bianca,
You could try to get the E&O insurance that is sponsored by ATA: https://ata.alliant.com/

Make sure you also have a work permit for the U.S.

Good luck,

Kathi

Bianca Dobos
Espagne
Local time: 19:36
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thank you, Kathi! May 18

I'm contacting them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Errors and Omissions Insurance

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Recherche par terme
  • Travaux
  • Forums
  • Multiple search