Thread poster: Secilia Njau
Secilia Njau
Secilia Njau  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:25
English to Swahili
+ ...
Mar 15, 2017

I am using iMac I wonder if I can use my existing license for SDL Trados 2011.

How do I install it.

Thank you.

Alejandra Garcia Romero
Alejandra Garcia Romero  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados and Mac Mar 15, 2017

Hello Secilia,

Yes, it is possible.

What you need is having a virtual machine installed in your iMac. You can use either Parallels or VMware Fusion, which unfortunately are not free. Once you have the software, all you need is to install Windows (from an original copy, of course) and Trados. You should not have any problem as long as your Trados license is not activated in another computer.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 12:25
VirtualBox Mar 15, 2017

Alejandra Garcia Romero wrote:

You can use either Parallels or VMware Fusion, which unfortunately are not free.

VirtualBox is a free alternative:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Alejandra Garcia Romero
Alejandra Garcia Romero  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
VirtualBox is less stable in Mac Mar 15, 2017

Yes, VirtualBox is another option, but it is less stable and it is known that some features are experimental.

CafeTran Training wrote:

Alejandra Garcia Romero wrote:

You can use either Parallels or VMware Fusion, which unfortunately are not free.

VirtualBox is a free alternative:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use Parallels for Mac or create a Windows partition with BootCamp Mar 16, 2017

Hello, Secilia,

I have extensive experience using Windows-based CAT tools in a Mac environment. In fact, I'm currently using 2014 SDL Trados and Déjà Vu X3 on Windows 7 Pro in the framework of Parallels 9 for Mac, which is a very stable VM solution for Macs. I run OS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion (for now, until I upgrade it to El Capitan in a few months).

Feel free to contact me in private for more details, suggestions, recommendations, etc.

Cheers from Li
... See more
Hello, Secilia,

I have extensive experience using Windows-based CAT tools in a Mac environment. In fact, I'm currently using 2014 SDL Trados and Déjà Vu X3 on Windows 7 Pro in the framework of Parallels 9 for Mac, which is a very stable VM solution for Macs. I run OS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion (for now, until I upgrade it to El Capitan in a few months).

Feel free to contact me in private for more details, suggestions, recommendations, etc.

Cheers from Lisbon, PT.

Mario
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to install SDL Trados in iMac

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »