Thread poster: ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
United States
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 20, 2017

Hi, I work in the translation office of a public school district, and we want to develop our own glossary. Unfortunately, like many public school districts, we do not have that big of a budget to spend on resources.

Does anyone know of free bilingual extraction tools? I found SketchEngine, but even that monthly cost is something we cannot afford at the moment (it's about US $10 / month).

Thanks in advance!

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not the first step Mar 20, 2017

Are you one of the translators employed at that school district?

Your first step should not be looking for free things on the Internet, especially translation tools. And particularly term extraction tools, unless a) you are a terminologists and/or b) you have done it before.

May I suggest you contact the local translators' association in your city or region? They will be very happy to offer practical suggestions.

The problem with asking for advice on an I
... See more
Are you one of the translators employed at that school district?

Your first step should not be looking for free things on the Internet, especially translation tools. And particularly term extraction tools, unless a) you are a terminologists and/or b) you have done it before.

May I suggest you contact the local translators' association in your city or region? They will be very happy to offer practical suggestions.

The problem with asking for advice on an Internet forum is complex for your case, because we may want to help out, but we do not know enough of your circumstances, type of documents, etc. to give you an appropriate reply.
Collapse

ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 21, 2017

Thank you for your suggestions, Mr. Chavez. I will contact the local translation association. It is a good idea!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free bilingual extraction tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »