Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:40
English to Polish
+ ...
May 24, 2017

I wish Cafetran was able to work with translation workspace xliff editor zipped xliff files (extension xlz). Unfortunately it isn't.

In the perfect world, it should be able to handle them without leaving a trace of ‘tampering’ (such as no extra inline tags, etc.) and it should store match values in the file in the translation-workspace-xliff-editorish way.

Piotr

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Dedicated forum @ Freshdesk for requests May 24, 2017

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

I wish Cafetran was able to work with translation workspace xliff editor zipped xliff files (extension xlz). Unfortunately it isn't.

In the perfect world, it should be able to handle them without leaving a trace of ‘tampering’ (such as no extra inline tags, etc.) and it should store match values in the file in the translation-workspace-xliff-editorish way.

Piotr

There's a dedicated forum at the CafeTran Freshdesk, where you can add requests:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000053542

Here you can also attach example files.

If you don't want to make the example files publicly available, you can enter a ticket:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Piotr Bienkowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I know May 24, 2017

I guess I should go there, then. So, what is the proz Cafetran forum for?

Piotr

CafeTran Training wrote:

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Piotr

There's a dedicated forum at the CafeTran Freshdesk, where you can add requests:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000053542

Here you can also attach example files.

If you don't want to make the example files publicly available, you can enter a ticket:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Referrals May 24, 2017

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

It's there to make referrals to the CafeTran Freshdesk. And from there, back to the Proz CafeTran forum.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Specific requests May 24, 2017

Hi Piotr,

When the request concerns the support for a file format, it is more convenient to submit a ticket at the official CafeTran forum indeed. There you can attach a sample file.

Pozdrawiam,
Igor

Piotr Bienkowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here I come, there I go... May 24, 2017

Until I get a vertigo...

CafeTran Training wrote:

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

It's there to make referrals to the CafeTran Freshdesk. And from there, back to the Proz CafeTran forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLZ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »