Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Do you know of any existing identity verification systems that freelancers can use?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:58
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Yep Jan 9, 2017

The Misha wrote:

It's called email. Or even telephone. All they really need to do is contact me directly and ask.

Another option might be to join a professional translators association like BDUE, ATA, ITI etc. They will also check if you are a real person and I have never found a fake translator in any of their databases.

I see no benefit for me by ProZ offering such a service and I oppose giving any data to a 3rd party that might also use it for other purposes.

Michal Fabian
Michal Fabian  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:58
Dutch to Slovak
+ ...
I recall.. Jan 9, 2017

... having my identity verified by the local self-employment office when registering my business. As a result, I obtained a company number and a tax number (names of these identificators may vary in other countries). It is my understanding that my identity is re-verified annually. Not sure what any other entity, physical or legal, could possibly want.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you know of any existing identity verification systems that freelancers can use?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »