"Across quit unexpectedly" .. what?
Thread poster: doctorpuertas
doctorpuertas
doctorpuertas
Chile
German to Spanish
Jan 10, 2017

Hi,

Everytime I try to deliver a task that the agency assigned to, me Across crashes saying:

"Across quit unexpectedly. The application stopped working due to an unexpected error. We are really sorry (¿?) for the inconvenience. Please help us to improve across.."

I tried in three different computers and this is still happenig! I can't even create a CRU package to deliver the task because it also crashes.

Does anyone know the cause of t
... See more
Hi,

Everytime I try to deliver a task that the agency assigned to, me Across crashes saying:

"Across quit unexpectedly. The application stopped working due to an unexpected error. We are really sorry (¿?) for the inconvenience. Please help us to improve across.."

I tried in three different computers and this is still happenig! I can't even create a CRU package to deliver the task because it also crashes.

Does anyone know the cause of this?
Collapse

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Local time: 15:26
English to German
Interesting problem, not enough information Jan 10, 2017

Would be nice to know what kind of project is to be delivered. What version does the client have and what version do you have and how do you try to deliver from different computers?

doctorpuertas
doctorpuertas
Chile
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
More info on the issue Jan 10, 2017

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury wrote:

Would be nice to know what kind of project is to be delivered. What version does the client have and what version do you have and how do you try to deliver from different computers?

Hello Gerald,

I'm trying to deliver some XML files. As far as I know the server-side installation is ver 6.3. I do also have the 6.3 version except its the Translator Edition.
I tried in three different computers copying my LocalDB database and using my .CAP file to connect obtaining the same result: "Across quit unexpectedly" when trying to deliver the task.

I just don't know what to do. I re-installed the application, tried in different computers, exporting the task.. nothing works.

I cannot believe Across released this version without testing it first.

AAV
AAV
Local time: 20:26
Is it the latest available version of Across? Jan 11, 2017

I would suggest trying to update to the latest version (Across_v6.3_09759).
If you already have this version and Across still crashes, please contact Across Help Desk, and provide them information they ask. Probably they will give some hints how to avoid problem until it is fixed.

BTW, have you sent this crash report? Please do, Across checks and fixes them, actually.

Local time: 15:26
English to German
XML files Jan 11, 2017

XML: Kindof thought so.
Several PCs and on DB: Kindof unusual.
But ... I think I had something like that before. What does the preview target look like, what does the source look like, what do the XML Quality and Tag Checks look like?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Across quit unexpectedly" .. what?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »