Alison Watt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:35
Member (2014)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 27, 2016

Hi all,

Once again, Across (V6.0) has got me tearing my hair out!

I'm away from my desk so using the trackpad on my laptop instead of a mouse, and through some random combination, I've managed to dock the CrossView window centrally instead of at the usual left-hand margin/side. This is annoying because the lists don't display properly (although workable, it's really bugging me!).

Unfortunately nothing I seem to do will restore my usual view, with CrossView
... See more
Hi all,

Once again, Across (V6.0) has got me tearing my hair out!

I'm away from my desk so using the trackpad on my laptop instead of a mouse, and through some random combination, I've managed to dock the CrossView window centrally instead of at the usual left-hand margin/side. This is annoying because the lists don't display properly (although workable, it's really bugging me!).

Unfortunately nothing I seem to do will restore my usual view, with CrossView on the left, CrossTerm on the right, the edit/source/trans panes in the centre, CrossTank below centre.

I've tried selecting/deselecting the View > Windows > Workspace option to no avail, also tried logging out/restarting. Selecting float and then dock and dragging/dropping - nothing works! So frustrating, as it seems a simple issue. Can anyone help?!

Thanks,
Alison
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 21:35
Drag-n-drop or reset toolbars Nov 28, 2016

Hi Alison,

drag-n-drop perfectly works for me (I am able to place crossView to the right/left/bottom ...).
But if it doesn't work for you, try resetting toolbars to default, as Help suggests:
"To do so, move the cursor over any toolbar and click the right mouse button. In the context menu that opens up, select the item Restore toolbars...."

Regards,
Almara

Alison Watt
Alison Watt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:35
Member (2014)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 30, 2016

Such a simple solution, thank you! That did the trick

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help getting Crossview to dock on left side of screen instead of centre

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »