Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:29
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Jun 7, 2016

I apologize, if this is a beginner's question, but I could not find the answer in the Help.

Can I set a paragraph as final (translated) and move to the next untouched paragraph in one step, using a single key shortcut?
So far I have done this in 2 stages, first ctrl+alt+enter for setting the paragraph as final, and then alt+right arrow to move to the next untouched.
As I am working now on an update to an existing translation, a great deal of the text has already been tr
... See more
I apologize, if this is a beginner's question, but I could not find the answer in the Help.

Can I set a paragraph as final (translated) and move to the next untouched paragraph in one step, using a single key shortcut?
So far I have done this in 2 stages, first ctrl+alt+enter for setting the paragraph as final, and then alt+right arrow to move to the next untouched.
As I am working now on an update to an existing translation, a great deal of the text has already been translated, and the untouched paragraphs are scattered between the pre-translated ones. Being able to do this with a single shortcut would be very useful.

Can this be done?

Thanks
Collapse

Martina Klett
Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
According to the Across manual of version 6 Jun 7, 2016

Dear Yiftah,

according to the Across manual (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_en.pdf) on page 416 the shortcut should be:
Ctrl+Alt+Z
Set paragraph to a final editing state (e.g. "translated") and go to next untouched paragraph. Pre-translated paragraphs between the current paragraph and the next untouched p
... See more
Dear Yiftah,

according to the Across manual (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_en.pdf) on page 416 the shortcut should be:
Ctrl+Alt+Z
Set paragraph to a final editing state (e.g. "translated") and go to next untouched paragraph. Pre-translated paragraphs between the current paragraph and the next untouched paragraph are automatically set to the final editing state.

The manual is also available in German (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_de.pdf)

Since I do not have an open across project at the moment I was not able to test the shortcut.

HTH
Martina
Collapse

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect. Jun 7, 2016

Martina-K wrote:
Ctrl+Alt+Z
Set paragraph to a final editing state (e.g. "translated") and go to next untouched paragraph. Pre-translated paragraphs between the current paragraph and the next untouched paragraph are automatically set to the final editing state.

Martina

Thanks Martina!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirming and moving to the next untouched paragraph

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »